Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zumba

hi guys

i am still new to this site and just trying to get to grips with things, does anyone know how i mark zumba down on the exercise part at all, would it just be under Aerobic's or Dance ???

I do this at least 2 times a week for an hour each time ???

any help would be great thank you

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    If you have your own heart rate / calorie monitor then log it as your own exercise and use your calories burned. You can get them pretty much any where. I got mine at Academy for less than 40.00. But you can pay hundreds for them.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    You can add your own personal exercises in the cardio section in your exercise area. I have it in mine. I also use a HRM. One of the best investments I made. It shows me how many calories I burn doing Zumba by using my own information to calulate them.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    You can set up your own exercise in MFP. If you don't have an HRM (which is the most accurate method) then google "zumba calories burned" and there are a load of calculators out there. Once you have an exercise in, and the rate of calories you burn, you can add your time twice a week and it should calculate your burn.

However, I found it useful (pre-hrm) to have 2 zumba levels (medium and low intensity). Only you know how hard you worked, so only you know whether it was high or low (or medium) intensity. High intensity - you shouldn't be able to talk, you're that out of breath!
  • thanks for this guys

:happy:
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    thanks for posting this, i've been wondering the exact same thing :)
  • yep....I log Zumba myself...you can go to zumbacalories.com and you can put in how long you did the class and the intensity and it will tell you how much you've burned :)!
  • Hi my name is armando, I also do zumba and i put as aerobics, i'm not sure if it's right
    I do 30 minutes 5 days a week: