No pull up bar for P90x

Options
Ok so I want to start p90x and I'm gonna be borrowing my brothers Dvds. I do not have the molding on my door frame in order to hang a pull up bar, I would have to go to another room. Is there something else I can do in place of the pull ups? Any feedback about p90x in general is also welcomed :) Thanks

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't do P90x, so I can't give you much advice, but if you watch the intro DVD, it shows you can use a resistance band and hook it to something tall and pull down instead of up :-) Good luck!!
  • impersonally
    Options
    I agree about the resistance band idea. I also didn't have anywhere high up to hook the resistance band, though. So I used to weigh down my coffee table with free weights, hook the resistance band around the leg, and lie down on the floor to do the "pull-up" motion, if that makes any sense ... I'm not sure that worked that well, but hopefully it was better than just watching those segments :P
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok great thanks. I have resistance bands so that wont be a problem. I'm not sure when I'm seeing my brother to get Dvds but I am SO excited!