Good Yoga Videos

Options
I'm a runner.

I used to be a dancer. I cannot believe there was a time when I could extend my legs past my ears. Running has made me so tight, and I'd love to take yoga, but classes are expensive, and I can't afford them.

Does anyone know of good yoga videos that I could try? I guess, I'd need to start with something for beginners. And I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it has to be something that works in a fairly small space (but I'm a small girl...so that's okay.)

Thanks, guys!

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner.

I used to be a dancer. I cannot believe there was a time when I could extend my legs past my ears. Running has made me so tight, and I'd love to take yoga, but classes are expensive, and I can't afford them.

Does anyone know of good yoga videos that I could try? I guess, I'd need to start with something for beginners. And I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it has to be something that works in a fairly small space (but I'm a small girl...so that's okay.)

Thanks, guys!
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have done the Rodney Yee videos..they are ok...but I am a new fan of this surfer dude..Eoin Finn from Vancouver who has a separate section on his dvd's where he goes through each pose and demonstrates how to best hold each pose...He has several videos...I am thinking of getting another one.
    http://eoinfinnyoga.com/
    Cheers!
    (or should I say...namaste..hehe)
    A.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have this one that I like a lot for a compliment to running. Throughout the DVD is explains each movement and the ways to modify it based on your current level of flexibility. It is a power yoga so it keeps your heart rate up with a nice relaxing end to it.

Power Yoga for Runners (2001)
    Starring: Thom Birch, Beryl Bender Birch Director: Donald Hauser Rating: Format: DVD
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Oooh, thanks both of you!