Working out with an Injury

Hello! I need some help. I injured my back almost 4 months ago. I have an inflammed nerve from my back down to my foot. I can't do much because it hurts to do so. I am on a med now that I hope will help. Anyways. Im stuck because it hurts to do anything. I can't walk my treadmill, I can't walk my dog. I need points on what I can do to help get this weight off. You see I'm going to Jamaica in May and I NEED to be bikini ready!! I do have 3 lbs weights and bands. I can't do sit-ups either. But if someone can give me points on what I can do? I can stand for about 15 mins before it gets to painful. Please help me out!!

Thank you
Staci

Replies

• It can be terribly difficult to cope with a injury such as yours; However, with any injury that involves discomfort in load bearing excersises I'd suggest aquatic exercises. Just 15 minutes of light/moderate activity in a pool can burn up to 100 calories or more! Im not saying u need to swim laps, rather strap a floaty on and hoping into the deep end skullying or just slow and core focused exercises in the shallow end can be extremely beneficial... good luck Staci! Bikini season isn't solved by Special K cereal its hard work and determination which you definitely exhibit!