I binged, again

Options
I don't know what my problem is. I had an account on fitness pal and lost about seven pounds, but then i binged ate and deleted my account because i couldn't stop and was way too ashamed to be honest about what I ate. So whatever, i got back on track and again, last night i ate so much! it's disgusting, and it certaintly wasn't because i was hungry.

ugh. i need help. i need to get back on track.

Replies

• dana7014
    dana7014 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't know what my problem is. I had an account on fitness pal and lost about seven pounds, but then i binged ate and deleted my account because i couldn't stop and was way too ashamed to be honest about what I ate. So whatever, i got back on track and again, last night i ate so much! it's disgusting, and it certaintly wasn't because i was hungry.

ugh. i need help. i need to get back on track.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You have to focus yourself on what is important to you.Is losing this weight really important to you because if its not ,in my opinion your not ready to lose the weight?Stay focused,committed,and dedicated through the whole process of weight loss.Sure your going to have bad days we all do but on those bad days do something to couteract it like exercise a bit longer when you go over your calories.Little things do help and the longer you stick to it the more your body will get used to what your doing for it.And the healthier you will be in the end.If you need help stay focused message me anytime ok?:flowerforyou: GOOD LUCK!!
  • jennerbrenner
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I lost 50 lbs. last year in a Biggest Loser challenge at work and won the challenge. I felt amazing and was running (which next to my children was the biggest accomplishment of my life). At some point I bailed and started binging again and put every pound PLUS some back on.
    I went to the doctor's a couple of weeks ago for something completely unrelated to my weight. I got on the scale and had a complete breakdown. As the doctor says, when you are driving somewhere, if you get off at the wrong exit, you don't just continue on that path. You turn around and get back on the right road to wherever you were going, right?
    It's that simple. Today is a new day. I will do the best that I can do today....and then tomorrow I will do the same thing.........

You're worth it, believe that.
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi Dana,

first of all : at least you came back to MFP! that is a good start, you havent given up. :smile:

I think most of us, if not all of us, have been there. I still sometimes binge and I am so disgusted by that, especially when I have done well all week and then ruin all that hard work just by pigging out on food for one day.

The key is to log EVERYTHING. Whenever I had a binge day, I make sure I log every last bit of chocolate or bag of crisps I munched. Then, when I see how many calories I ate over my daily allowance, just because I wanted those crisps and I wasnt hungry, it makes me angry and I make sure that for the next days I stick to my allowance. I have reduced the binges now by alot and they dont happen that often anymore. Occasionally they do still happen, but the key is to not give up and dont think "well I already messed up today, might as well carry on like this for the rest of the week". Every day counts. We are not perfect, but we have to try our best if we want to reach our goal.

Good luck, you can do it.

:wink:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're the only person who can put yourself on track. You have to be stronger than that desire to keep eating. It's in there! You just have to find it.
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I wouldn't beat yourself up too much - we've ALL been there! I know it's frustrating and sometimes you just want to throw the scale out the window and give up but that's when you have to dig deep and REALLY realize you f'd up, it happens to everyone and move on (and try not to do it again). Today is a new day and we are all here if you ever need support or just want to vent!

Good luck this week!! :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have never binged, but I know people who have. The plain truth is wanting to get better isn't enough. IMHO, until you find out WHY you do it, and take steps to correct the issue, you will always have this problem.

Whether that is counciling, self-analysis, or some other method should be decided on an individual basis, but binge eating isn't a part of a normal, healthy lifestyle and usually signifies other psychological issues that need to be dealt with and resolved. I.E. 90% of the time binge eating is some kind of a defense or coping mechanism, and you need to find the root cause.
  • dana7014
    dana7014 Posts: 3
    Options
    you guys are all wonderful and such an inspiration! thanks for the advice.

today is a new day : )
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I have the same problem! I've been lazy about dieting and exercising for the past week. I can't stop snacking every couple of hours....but I'm getting back on track now. I feel 'fat' for eating that way and I hate the feeling, so I won't binge anymore because I don't want to experience the feeling again.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with getting help when you have a situation that you do not understand. Whether it is a medical issue or a legal issue or an electrical issue....if I had that much of an issue with food I would definetely seek an experts opinion...nothing wrong and actually it is pretty smart to utilize an experts help. I hope you get the issue resolved. good luck.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with getting help when you have a situation that you do not understand. Whether it is a medical issue or a legal issue or an electrical issue....if I had that much of an issue with food I would definetely seek an experts opinion...nothing wrong and actually it is pretty smart to utilize an experts help. I hope you get the issue resolved. good luck.

wait, you mean I don't have to wire my own house? No wonder why I keep getting electrical burns! :tongue:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did some reading on shrinkyourself.com and this is helping me to stop with the binging. Good luck.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

wait, you mean I don't have to wire my own house? No wonder why I keep getting electrical burns! :tongue:

Turn the power off first Banks
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Turn the power off first Banks

Wait, what? Really? So the sparks aren't a good thing? :ohwell:
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    I think most of us know what you're going through, as we have done it also. I think the important thing to do is to not beat yourself up about it and set your mind to getting back on track the very next day. I've had some binge days but if you pick yourself back up and give yourself a pep talk it really helps. Also try to find a little hobby to keep your mind off of eating when you're bored or emotional like reading, gardening, scrapbooking, anything that will distract you from thinking of food all the time. Good luck, glad you came back to the site it has helped me sooo much to get advice from all the great people here!

Some people chew extra gum to help also, keeps your mouth busy but you're not stuffing it will junk... :happy: