Frustration!!!

Options
Hello All,
I am so frustrated.... This is the healthiest I have ever eaten....and the longest I have ever been a regular at the gym. BUT THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING.....I know everyone talks about plateau's but I have been losing the same 5-8 lbs for the past six months!!!!

Any inspiring words???
Thanks,

Replies

• smmc
    smmc Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am so frustrated.... This is the healthiest I have ever eaten....and the longest I have ever been a regular at the gym. BUT THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING.....I know everyone talks about plateau's but I have been losing the same 5-8 lbs for the past six months!!!!

Any inspiring words???
    Thanks,
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Are you staying within your calorie range or are you going over by alot everyday?And how long are you exercising?Need more information.:flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hello All,

Any inspiring words???
    Thanks,

maybe you should check you inches in your waist, hips, ect ect.... cuz you are gaining muscle and muscle weighes more then fast so I dont really think it is a plateau I just think its the inches that are leaving... Good luck..

Sheila
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I hit a sluggish point I increase my exercise intensity. Make sure you're accurately tracking your food, too. Don't under-estimate or leave anything off.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sheila...muscle does weigh more than fat so if you are eating healthy, staying within your calories and exercise, you are most likely gaining muscle while losing fat and that is not really gonna show on the scale as a weight loss (depending on how much you have to lose, of course). For example, ever since I started exercising and eating healthy in November of '08, I have gained 5lbs but my clothes feel lose and my body is more compact because of the muscle replacing fat. Does that make sense? I wouldn't go by scale, but rather by how your clothes fit and how you feel.
  • smmc
    smmc Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!!! I will take my measurements and see if there is a drop. I was more intense at the gym this week ( letting out this frustration I guess) I will see at my next weigh in..
    Thanks again.
  • mmdaddow
    mmdaddow Posts: 3
    Options
    Ive always had a problem losing weight ....like you i eat well and work out.... im now just figuring things out by the things im doing and the help of my fitness pal, but the key is to burn so to lose u might need to run more and burn calories... and possible only do weights 2 times a week instead of everyday or every other day....if your doing the treadmill or any machine change up your cycle it may help.... just continue eating right and watching your intake.... you will get there.... also dont weigh in alot cause threw your road u will gain cause of holding water weight in your muscles .... Exspecially after workouts.... always weigh in the morning ..... you might see a change ......