Would you Rather ?

Options
Ok, this game is quite simple. I'll start by asking a " Would you Rather" question, and you'll answer the question posted above you, and post a new " Would you Rather" question.. and so on.

Replies

• Incredible_shrinking_woman
    Options
    Would you rather- Been able to stop 9-11, OR The Holocaust ?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Something tells me no person is going to be able or want to try to answer that one so maybe something a little less horrific and emotional would be a better start.:flowerforyou:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Would you rather- Been able to stop 9-11, OR The Holocaust ?

The problem with either assumption is that both of these events were not the result of a single action. I don't believe that you could go back in time and kill Hitler and stop the Holocaust, nor do I believe that you could go back in time and kill Osama bin Laden and prevent 9-11.

That said, from an ethical standpoint, the number of lives affected by the Holocaust was over 2750 times the number affected by 9-11. So from a simple mathematical equation, it seems like that would be the one worth preventing.

That said, given circumstances--like both of my grandfather's roles in World War II--I would choose to prevent 9-11. But that is because I am an absolutely self-serving individual and by altering the flow of history before I was born, I may not have existed.

For the next person on the list: Would you rather have become famous for a shallow one-hit wonder, or be unknown for ghostwriting a famous band's catalogue?
    -wtk
    Options
    That question was just that.. a question.. I wasn't trying to get alot of theoretical views.. it's just a game..
    15714177.png
    Options
    New question.. Would you rather-

Have a Zombie apocolyps OR World War III ???
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Zombie Apocalypse.. That is WHY I'm getting in such shape. Duh. I know I'm not the only one either..

Would you rather, cage wrestle a bear or have a race with a shark.
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    That question was just that.. a question.. I wasn't trying to get alot of theoretical views.. it's just a game..
    New question.. Would you rather- Have a Zombie apocolyps OR World War III ???
    Hmm...that's fine, but I noticed my question posed was ignored.

To answer your conjecture, World War III would be the best option. After all, the world is overpopulated as it is and reanimating the dead would put an environmental strain on almost every resource. Like brains.

A third world war would be interesting as we are now in the midst of a truly globalized--both economically and socially--planet. I imagine that, were it taking place, the third world war would be over a resource. Probably water. That one is pretty important.

So if the population is thinned out a bit, and the remaining water is not tainted, I would imagine that would be the best option. After all, the planet can reset itself. We, as humans, cannot.

I will now answer the following question:
    Would you rather cage wrestle a bear or have a race with a shark?

The race with the shark does not imply impending doom. I think that is the obvious choice.

I will again pose my question for the next person to answer: Would you rather have become famous for a shallow one-hit wonder, or be unknown for ghostwriting a famous band's catalogue?

Cheers,
    -wtk
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    I'd rather write the catalog. Quality of work over a career matters more to me than shallow fame.

Would you rather be able to travel to the past or travel to the future.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'd rather write the catalog. Quality of work over a career matters more to me than shallow fame.

Well, rationally- there is no way to travel to the future, as it has not happened yet. Our future is determined by the decisions and actions that we are doing currently.

That being said, I would still choose to travel to the past. More specifically, I would like to travel back to Henry the VIII's early reign of England. Maybe around the time of Ann Boleyn, just to see that whole thing occur. And hey, maybe I could become one of his mistresses! So long as I don't get be-headed.

Hopefully we learn from our pasts mistakes so we don't repeat them in the future, so I think going back into the past and learning things first hand, would help in that process.
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    I would suggest that the ability to travel to the past does not exist; while Einstein suggested a plausible theory, time travel to the past would, likely, alter the flow of history. After all, if one could travel to the past, would he or she not have murdered Adolf Hitler or Osama bin Laden?

Logically, that leaves forward time-travel.

The question I pose is as follows:
    A man, accused of murdering your spouse, is released on bail. The courts have a pretty solid case that could put him away for a very long time, but you've gotten the inkling that he will attempt to skip bail and flee. Do you put your trust in the legal system or do you take the law into your own hands?

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    New question.. Would you rather-

Have a Zombie apocolyps OR World War III ???

Zombie Apocalypse!!! The only reason why I work out is to kick some Zombie *kitten*
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that the ability to travel to the past does not exist; while Einstein suggested a plausible theory, time travel to the past would, likely, alter the flow of history. After all, if one could travel to the past, would he or she not have murdered Adolf Hitler or Osama bin Laden?

Logically, that leaves forward time-travel.

The question I pose is as follows:
    A man, accused of murdering your spouse, is released on bail. The courts have a pretty solid case that could put him away for a very long time, but you've gotten the inkling that he will attempt to skip bail and flee. Do you put your trust in the legal system or do you take the law into your own hands?

Cheers.
    -wtk

"Time Travel" to the future is possible since time is not a constant, if you were to travel near light speed you would be experiencing time slower then others around you. 5 years to you would be 30 to everyone else so you basically just travelled through time.

The question...

Take the law into my own hands for sure, the system sucks right now and I would not trust it at all to up hold the law lol!
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As the previous person didn't set a question I'll answer the last question and set one.

I would let the legal system run it's course. A vigilante is no better than a criminal. For example a person kills because he/she decides that person should die. They then get off or lit ooks like they will. The vigilante goes after them and kills or beats the person up. Their reasoning is; i decided that......... Well the killer decided that......... If that as an excuse is sound then he shouldn't be punished. If it isn't than you are guilty too as you used the same logic or reasoning to reach your decision.

Ok, new question.

If it was only possible to find a cure for one, would you rather have a cure for AIDS or have a cure for cancer?
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Cancer, it's far more lethal and effects more people

A runaway train is going to hit 10 people. Would you rather do nothing or switch the tracks so that it hits one person instead?
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    by the way guys. I think this would be more fun if we just answer the questions as if they were possible. If someone asks if you'd rather have ride a unicorn or a pegasus we don't need to know that that actually isn't a possible choice.
  • newlaura30
    Options
    i'd rather have pegasus especially if the demi god in the movie was riding him.
    would you rather have gillian or bob as a trainer?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Jillian.

Would you rather, have a short period of extreme happiness. Or live "just okay" for your whole life?
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Live OK for my whole life.

Would you rather be able to fly or teleport?
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Teleport, that's my superpower of choice.

Would you rather be ugly and rich or beautiful and poor?
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ugly and rich.
    Would you rather lose your sight or hearing?