Am I leaving too many calories??

Options
Most days I am under by a few hundred, which I don't feel is too bad. However, on days that I take my boxing class I am way under. My boxing class (according to this website) burns anywhere from 500-800 calories or more. So last night I was still under my calories by almost 900. I ate a snack, but I don't want to start eating when I'm not hungry, that's how I got myself here in the first place. Maybe I need to add some higher calorie foods to my diet?

Replies

• dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Most days I am under by a few hundred, which I don't feel is too bad. However, on days that I take my boxing class I am way under. My boxing class (according to this website) burns anywhere from 500-800 calories or more. So last night I was still under my calories by almost 900. I ate a snack, but I don't want to start eating when I'm not hungry, that's how I got myself here in the first place. Maybe I need to add some higher calorie foods to my diet?
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think most people will tell you it depends on you. I have a step class 1 x week, and I am always 500-600 calories under my 'goal' on those days. If I am still hungry, I eat, if not..I don't. I am finding now after losing almost 20# if I eat all my exercise calories, I don't lose weight. I eat back half most days, unless its a low exercise day, then I may eat all of them. Its individual, so if you are dropping weight and satisfied with what you are eating, I say go with it. HTH!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I recommend you get a good hrm so you really know how much YOU burn in your boxing class!:smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it really depends on where you are in your journey.

I mean, I see that you say your goal is 25 lbs, but I don't know if that's a final goal or an intermediate goal.

You need to take a look at your body type, BMI, body fat %, fitness level, age, and decide what a good deficit is for you.

I can tell you this, if you really only have 25 lbs to lose, you are within the average height range for a 20 somthing female, and your BMI is somewhere between 25 and 28, then 900 calories is PROBABLY (I stressed probably, because that's only an educated guess and every person's deficit tolerance is different) too much, you can probably (there it is again) get away with a 500 calorie deficit (1 lb per week), but you would need to to a little experimentation and tweaking to be absolutely sure.