breakfast ideas

Options
what do you eat?
Ive been eating cottage cheese doubles. Yesterday I had 6 egg whites; if I continue with the egg whites I'll be eating 2 dozen eggs in a week!

Replies

• 072499tt
    072499tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    what do you eat?
    Ive been eating cottage cheese doubles. Yesterday I had 6 egg whites; if I continue with the egg whites I'll be eating 2 dozen eggs in a week!
  • Copswife0819
    Options
    I have a serving of either Cheerios with 1% milk or Special K with 1% milk!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    since breaking the night fast is so important there have been at least 50 threads about breakfast ideas since I arrived

I wonder if one of the more computer thread savy members could put together a breakfast link thread thinga ma bobber :flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of things for breakfast, here are some of them
    Fibre 1 Honey clusters cereal
    Special K Vanilla & Almond cereal
    Yogourt
    banana's
    english muffin
    eggs and toast

there are other things, can't think of them right now

what are cottage cheese doubles? not that i like cottage cheese, just wondering what they are is all
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I do 1/4 cup of egg beaters on a toasted whole wheat english muffin w/ sugar free grape jelly.
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    fiber one pancakes with blueberries or cinnamon and surgar free syrup
    along with a dannon activia light yogurt

280 cals total
  • 072499tt
    072499tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese doubles are cottage cheese with fruit filling on the side. Their by "breakstones"
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things that are good for breakfast - oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc. But honestly, I feel best when I have a breakfast that includes eggs.

This morning I made a soutwestern omelet. I used 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites. I mixed those with a Tablespoon of Salsa. Put 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese on top and folded it over on itself. Added another tablespoon of salsa and a tablespoon of sour cream.

That added with my teaspoon of sugar in my coffee was only 187 calories.

For me the important thing is: Eat protein, don't eat a lot of sugar, and eat it within 30 minutes of waking.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    by the way - you can buy powdered egg whites.

And - if you're just buying regular eggs, you can freeze your egg yolks to use in a recipe down the line - or give them to someone who doesn't have cholesterold problems!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm usually running late in the mornings so I never have time to make eggs during the weekdays.
    I usually eat oatmeal and a yogurt or cottage cheese or nurtigrain whole grain waffles with a little peanut butter and a but up banana.
  • jessicahodgson
    Options
    I switch between different things so I don't get bored. Here are a few of them:
    Special K with skim milk
    fibre one with skim milk
    activia yogurt with almonds
    slice of ww bread with peanut butter

I am pretty good with breakfast...what I need are ideas for lunch...I am getting bored of my salad every day
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I like wasa crackers with hummus or whole fruit jam, fruit, egg whites, yogurt. Some days I do reverse eating, like having dinner type foods for breakfast and eat smaller as the day goes on.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Weight Control Oatmeal (160 cals)
    1 hard boiled egg plus 1 white (87 cals)
    Kashi Go Lean cereal (140 cals)
    Whole grain English muffin w/ PB
    almonds
    Yogurt
    Bananas
    :) good luck!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    what do you eat?

I usually have quaker instant Lower sugar oatmeal (130 cal) during the week because its quick. I make pancakes on the weekends. (160 cal for 4 small 4 inch pancakes) with sugar free syrup (15 cal)
    If I make extra on the weekend I will grab them on monday morning and re-heat.
    I also change it up with low cal toaster waffels. I get the flavor kind so I can eat on the go with no syrup (140-170 calories depending on the brand)

Hope this helps
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My favorite thing recently has been an egg sandwich with laughing cow cheese on a high fiber, whole grain english muffin and an apple.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Spinach omelet: Spinach, mushrooms, onion, dices tomato for the filling. Instead of regular cheese mix parmesian cheese with the eggs and pour over the filling. High protien, high fiber, lots of good veggies and very filling.

Other than that I do oatmeal and a banana.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    yogurt with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
    organic granary toast with peant butter
    all-bran with vanilla rice dream
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    For me you can't go wrong with fruit!!! That's the best time of the day to eat it, it's so refreshing and it makes me feel good the rest of the day. If I'm super busy I grab a Special K protein bar, they're yummy!