Tanning Beds or Self Tanners.. What do you do and which bran

Options
allison0820
allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
I have been a tanner (via tannning beds) for years.... was thinking of switching it up to a self tanner.. but I don't know what to do... I workout ALOT and sweat alot... don't want to be orange... don't want streaks.. don't want it to rub off on my fiance'.. or my sheets... So what do you all do... if you do go to tanning beds.. how do you protect your face from wrinkles.. I don't wear makeup and never have.. so I can't cover things up.. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Replies

• klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Neither tan nor use self tanners, and accept that in the winter my skin will be paler (like most) and in the summer I'll be a bit darker (just from being outside). I recently saw a cancer awareness commercial on tv about a mother who lost her daughter to cancer. It said that those who use tanning beds at a young age are at a 75% greater risk of getting skin cancer. So never mind worrying about some wrinkles on your face, how about some skin cancer.
    As for the self tanners....I have yet to see one that doesn't make the skin look orange. A co-worker recently decided to use self tanners and it looks HORRIBLE. Plus we wash our hands all the time at work (a hospital) and her hands and wrists are all blotchy due to that. I'd take pale skin to blotchy orange toned skin any day.
    I say skip both and accept your skin for what it naturally is. Just my thoughts though :)
  • agearhart0410
    agearhart0410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use St. Tropez self tanner. It is wonderful, doesn't streak, and doesn't turn you orange. You can purchase it online from Sephora- it's a little pricey, but well worth it. It is the most natural looking self tanner I have used.

It has a color guide (bronzer) when you first put it on to help show you where you applied the product, but you rinse this off. If you didn't rinse it would stain you clothes and sheets.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i hate all that stuff, im only brown if ive been on holiday, pale skin is sexy. i dont get all this tanning shiz.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Neither - spray tan.

Granted, I've only gotten one in my life (I'm pale and I embrace it lol), but it worked better than self tanner.