Is that right???

Options
My weigh in is this morning and I was kind of dreading it a litlle bit because I went over on calories a couple days last week. The scale at the gym said I lost 4 pounds!!! I wasn't sure so I checked the one at my house, and it agreed!! I am thrilled about this, of course, but am also worried about what the scale will say next week. I have been working out 5 days a week for 4 months now and have a lot more muscle than I used to. I try to leave 100 or 200 of my exercise calories and have been maintaining a 2 lb. weight loss each week for a month now. But 4 pounds!? That just doesn't seem right, is it going to come back? Has anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My weigh in is this morning and I was kind of dreading it a litlle bit because I went over on calories a couple days last week. The scale at the gym said I lost 4 pounds!!! I wasn't sure so I checked the one at my house, and it agreed!! I am thrilled about this, of course, but am also worried about what the scale will say next week. I have been working out 5 days a week for 4 months now and have a lot more muscle than I used to. I try to leave 100 or 200 of my exercise calories and have been maintaining a 2 lb. weight loss each week for a month now. But 4 pounds!? That just doesn't seem right, is it going to come back? Has anyone else had this happen?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    dang..... my scale jumped three pounds today for no reason whatsoever. I think I caught them from you!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    sounds like you were undereating, if I were you, I'd do the same thing you did this past week for another week, and see what you get for results. Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen, you're still under, so what, you only lose one pound? Big deal, it's a great trade off for knowing where your calorie limit is, and this is a long term thing, 1 week of smaller weight loss is nothing compared to the knowledge you will gain about your body.

I say, if you CAN eat more and still lose the same or more, why in the heck wouldn't you? :wink:
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    sounds like you were undereating, if I were you, I'd do the same thing you did this past week for another week, and see what you get for results. Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen, you're still under, so what, you only lose one pound? Big deal, it's a great trade off for knowing where your calorie limit is, and this is a long term thing, 1 week of smaller weight loss is nothing compared to the knowledge you will gain about your body.

I say, if you CAN eat more and still lose the same or more, why in the heck wouldn't you? :wink:

Thank you! BTW I love the link that you put on your signature for all of us newbies! It helped.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Thank you! BTW I love the link that you put on your signature for all of us newbies! It helped.
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    dang..... my scale jumped three pounds today for no reason whatsoever. I think I caught them from you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Sounds to me like you just had a great week and your body enjoyed the extra calories. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!