Newbie here from the Isle of Skye

Options
Hello everybody. I'm Lorry and I'm 58 years old and I live on the beautiful Isle of Skye in the North-west Scottish highlands.

This is the first week of my new life. At last I feel properly motivated to shift some weight and get fitter - and this time I'm determined to succeed after a lifetime of struggling, trying and failing miserably.

We've got no Weightwatchers, Slimming World or any other slimming clubs in this area, and I have no hope of getting any weight loss surgery due to all the NHS cuts, but what I DO have is a supportive GP based in a fabulous medical centre with other positive, encouraging professionals who've all vowed to help me do this. We also have a brilliant fitness suite on the island, and for a very small subscription I get unlimited access to the pool and gym.

So......on Tuesday this week:

- I started a low-carb diet, like Atkins but with added nuts, vegetables and fruit.
- talked it through with my GP and made appointments to see the practice nurse weekly and our dietician monthly.
- enrolled for twice-weekly aquacise and aqua-zumba sessions at my local pool (went to my first one on Tuesday).
- started using my treadmill daily for 15 mins.
- ordered a new set of scales to measure my weight and BMI.

And as an added bonus, my lovely hubby has said as an incentive he'll give me £100 for every stone I lose!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully finding some friends here for mutual support!

lorry x

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey skyelorry WELCOME,
    can you hubby give me a £100 per stone too? :)

make sure you set yourself loads of little goals(every 7lbs) and a few bigger ones too it helps loads x :drinker:
  • sreich120
    Options
    HI, I am new on here also. I have been trying to find the best ways to reach my goals and get healthy. I am 37 years old and live in Pittsburgh, PA USA.
  • skyelorry
    Options
    Hi Trud! Hi sreich! I'm just trying to find my way around here - the board is laid out completely different to any other forum I know, so it might take me some time.

What diets are you both following at the moment?
  • chevere70
    Options
    Hi Lorry,
    Welcome to myfitnesspal. it does work you will have fun.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey there you are more than welcome to nose through my diary anytime!! it's open to EVERYONE! the way i see it if i can be honest to my self i am NEVER gonna lose weight! so i put all good things and all bad things down as you will see today! sorry... :sad:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cead mille failte!

I love Skye, I've visited it many times - what a beautiful place you live!

I'm over the water in Norn Irn - going to send you a friend request.

And all the best on your weight loss journey!

:glasses: