Dealing with stress eating

Options
I'm a huge stress eater.

My husband had stage 4 cancer 5 years ago and I really added on the pounds during his chemo and surgeries. Praise God he is well now.

However he is going in for surgery in Boston for his hernia's that were a result of his liver and colon surgeries. He will be fine I know but we have to travel 2 hours with our kids and it may be a longer surgery because they can't do it by laser. He has to opened up because it's so big. I have friends that are going to take me there for visits and visit us so we are busy. He will be in the hospital for 2-5 nights.

We were in a car accident the on Tuesday due to icy roads. A Ford truck came straight at us and my husband was quick to think and we were able to go way over on our side and the truck still hit the doors. We have a rental now and are waiting for the quote on the car. Luckily we have great car insurance - Liberty Mutual. They take care of everything swiftly and very calming and gentle for us. We know we don't have to spend any $$ on this.

I'm very grateful for all my blessings that God has given us so I seem emotionally fine knowing He is in control but my eating still reflects that I have some fear in me.

Please let me know some suggestions you have for stress eating. I was craving chocolate last night so I had a cup of hot cocoa with some whipped cream suggested to me by my friend Karen. It seemed to help.

I'm happy that I have the ability to exercise like crazy but my knees have been acting up. No biggest loser tonight. I'll stick to walk away the pounds..

I hope you all do great with stress eating.

Love and God's peace,

Tracy

Replies

• casseyleinen
    Options
    Praise God for the healing of your husband! God is our provider and healer! When I crave something sweet I eat an apple with 1 tablespoons of peanutbutter or I drink some chai tea to have the taste of something sweet. If you are craving something salty I buy paper bags that people use to put their lunch in for work you know. anyways you can take that and put 2 table spoons of popping corn in it and just roll the bag shut and microwave it and it will pop like the microwave popcorn with out the fat. It a very healthy snack and high in fiber. grahm crackers with whipcream is a good snack. Try to get creative and always change things up that way you dont dread it and get bored with it so that you can stick to it!! Good luck!! God bless! I will pray 4 your husbands sugery to go well and that God will guide the hand of the surgens preforming his surgery.