Zumba!

Options
So I've been contemplating picking up a zumba game on the Wii. I've never done zumba in real life so would it be to difficult for me to learn zumba on a video game? It looks like a lot of fun and I love to dance so I figured I would try it out. If anyone else has tried the zumba for Wii, have you liked it?

Replies

• donkeygrl
    donkeygrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance I think you will like it :-) I suggest Zumba 2 for Wii - I like it better than the first one. Also you might rent it first to make sure you enjoy it before spending the money on it.
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    I just bought this on Monday. I have only done it once, as I got sick on Tuesday, but I loved it. And it actually wasn't too hard to follow along. I will be starting again tomorrow.
  • newlaura30
    Options
    its great even if you can't follow the dance lots of fun and lots of cals burned x
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I actually find the game easier to follow along than going to a class. I have it on PS3 but I think it's the same for all the consoles.
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have it on Kinect and think it is great, doesn't even feel like a work out until the sweat starts dripping.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I just did it for the first time last night (Zumba for Wii 2) and I only did 2 songs just to try it out. I burned 70 calories in like 8 minutes (I wore my HRM). It was fun. It WAS a workout. I can't wait to do an entire class! I recommend it.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've had the WII game(first one) for about a month now. Love it. After you've done it a couple of times you get the moves down. I do the ZUMBA Party! there are a couple of slightly different workouts for 25minutes and then at 45 minutes. I have taken a traditional zumba class but have "sat in " on a zumba class at a Curves and didn't have a problem keeping up. Best of luck!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 1 or Wii and LOVE LOVE it! My 8 year old daughter does it too. I do at least 45 mins a day of it! Plan on getting Zumba 2 next week hopefully to see what that is like!
  • richardson1965
    richardson1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried the Zumba 2 for the Wii last night and loved it! I did it for 40 mins and burned just over 300 calories. It was fun and different than going on a machine. Nice to mix it up a bit.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As an instructor, I can tell you that I LOVE teaching, and LOVE going to the class....even when I'm not teaching :) There's a different energy being in a class than bring alone in your house. I can understand trying it to learn the steps and what not, but I'd take a class over the Wii/Xbox/PS3 any day :)
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love it so does my kids. I agree with one of the other people - I like the 2nd one better then the 1st, but they both are good.
  • Vecch09
    Vecch09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I'm overweight and I went to my first Zumba class last Spring and fell absolutely in love with it! I lasted the entire hour and it didn't even seem like we had been there that long. I am always dripping with sweat when the class is over. I also bought Zumba for the Wii and it is ok and a good way to get the moves learned before a class, but evey class is different. The one I attend is mostly hip hop with some latin moves and the game is all latin moves...my hips weren't made to move that way for some reason! =o) Seeing the posts here about Zumba 2, I might check that one out instead.

Either way, I think you will enjoy the game but the most fun is doing it with a group of people! Wish you luck!!
  • amyysmile
    Options
    Im about to buy the game :)I glad to know people like it. I want to take a class but I just don't want to do it alone haha
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba on the Wii....ever see Elaine from Seinfeld dance?? That is me doing Zumba but as the others have said, you WO and sweat!!! Great feeling....go for it and have FUN!!!
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    does zumba 2 have hip hop in it?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    So I've been contemplating picking up a zumba game on the Wii. I've never done zumba in real life so would it be to difficult for me to learn zumba on a video game? It looks like a lot of fun and I love to dance so I figured I would try it out. If anyone else has tried the zumba for Wii, have you liked it?

Do it, buy it! You will never look back. It is absolutely fab. There is a lady on the screen and you just follow her steps. They tend to do a few steps and repeat for a song, then it will change for a different song. but once you've done it a couple of times you'll get the hang of it.

Have fun. x
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Definitely give it a try! You'll get the hang of it and love it! :)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    does zumba 2 have hip hop in it?

Yes.
  • slimgal613
    Options
    I just went to my first Zumba class on Monday and again last night. Like Spin Class...I have found another obsession. Love it! Talk about a great cardio workout. I, of course, am at the back of the class till I get more comfortable with the moves; but it's so much fun. Don't have Wii, but if I did, i would definitely buy the Zumba program for it.

:wink: