New Dietary Restrictions- Looking for Recipes!!!

Options
Hi Everyone-
I am having a mysterious health issue that is in the process of being diagnosed but for the next month have been given some very specific dietary restrictions, I have pondered these and only come up with a handful of recipes but would love some help on brainstorming! my restrictions are:
-No Dairy
-No Soy
-No Gluten
-No Caffeine
-Very Low Fat
-Minimal to No Processed Foods

So that said- it is very very rigid and I am begging you for help!!! Let me know if you have any ideas! Thank you

Replies

• leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    that sounds like an awful lot of stir frys to me?!?!
    homemade veg soups?
    veg chili?
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is not too far off from my vegan diet. Lots of fruits, veggies, beans. I tend to put salsa on a lot of stuff as a "dressing." You could also try some gluten free granola, if you think it will be ok.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    That's how I eat, but I don't really have recipes.

It's basically Paleo except for the low fat part, but paleo recipes are easily modified for that. Google paleo recipes and you will find many recipes and blogs that fit those requirement. Make adjustments for low fat as necessary.

Good luck.
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    Quinoa is your best friend. Gluten free. Complete non-soy protein and yummy. You can use it in place of rice or fix it up like you would oatmeal for a hot cereal. Check out The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn. I've found a lot of success in the Power Foods cookbook (some substitutions will be necessary) and my favorite Vegan cookbook is Vegan Vengeance: simple recipes, mega taste. Just stick to the vegetable recipes vs. the tofu. Friend me if you would like more details. Good luck!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    We love "Hobo Meals.' Basically you just spray some olive oil on aluminum foil, wrap some lean meat (chicken, fish, steak, turkey etc) with vegetables, sprinkle a little seasoning (salt/pepper/herbs) and bake in the oven for about an hour.

We also love grilled kabobs with salad and Quinoa.

I love Shiratake noodles (from the asian stores). I use it in my stir fry's.

There are alternatives but for right now you need a meat, veg and fruit diet. Be wary of gluten free substitues as they can be high in calories etc.

Once you get used to eating more simply (paleo style) you'll probably feel a lot better.