LADIES: DAILY ACTIVE MOISTURIZER??

Options
I currently wear Olay and I have been for the past four years. However, I've noticed I've been breaking out more than usual and this most likely due to me wear moisturizer while I go out for a jog. I would just not wear it while I go out, but considering that I'm in the sun it would just be a little redundant. So this is my question to you guys:

1) Is there such thing as daily ACTIVE moisturizer?

If there is, great

2) What is the preferred brand amongst you all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Have a great day :)

xoxox

Replies

• celerieaz
    celerieaz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you mean face moisturizer? I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. I don't have a problem with breakouts, even when I apply before sweaty workouts. I apply it once daily, right after washing my face.

Kiehl's does not have SPF, but I wear BBCream daily that has SPF 42. I haven't had a problem with breakouts, and my skin is protected when I'm outside working out :)

Really though, it depends on your skin type and how much you perspire.
  • miamigirll
    Options
    I use Mary Kay Timewise Moisurizer. Not sure if they have an "active" one, but they do have a morning moisturizer with SPF in it. I've tried a lot of moisturizers but always go back to the Mary Kay Timewise.

Good luck!
  • awhiteblankpage
    Options
    I love Clean & Clear's "Dual Action Moisturizer". It's the only moisturizer I've ever used that hasn't made me break out!
  • casssssssiandra
    Options
    I don't go jogging but I do cardio everyday for at least 30mins (I use TurboFire). I always use Aveeno moisturizer & they are more expensive than other brands so I always buy the cheapest ones, LOL. I have no problem with it & I am LOOOVING it! It's a thick moisturizer but if you have oily skin, you can also buy Clean & Clear moisturizer. They both work for me, but I like Aveeno better.

Hope that helps! :)
  • Deeanna21
    Options
    I use Mary Kay Velocity moisturizer and facial scrub. It is simmilar to timewise, but it helps fight breakouts. I'm pretty sure it does not have sunscrean in it, but I have never had a problem with breakouts while using it. I'm not sure how old you are, but velocity is mostly targeted for teens up to people in their late 20's, and as for timewise it's recomended for those who are 30 years of age and up. Hope this helps, and good luck! :)
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with VERY dry skin. I tried everything-from the drugstore to Saks brands to derm-suggest brands. About a year ago I started using (believe it or not) Pond's moisturizer in the little pot. It's cheap and incredibly powerful without making you feel greasy. I know, weird, but it's great, and I don't know anyone who doesn't love it. :D
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Neutrogenia makes a great sport moisturizer. it's spf 70, and usually lasts me all day sweating in the sun. I live in South Florida, and play rugby on saturdays, so I know what i'm talking about. it never causes me to break-out. i use olay for days when i'm just in the office. the neutrogenia is a bit expensive, but totally worth it. i think you'll find it in the sun-tan lotion section, but it's specifically for face and neck.

good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Try something that's made with natural ingredients instead of chemicals. I like Yes To Blueberries.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Just use one that says "noncomedogenic." That means it won't clog your pores.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i use Garnier day and night ones :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by active? Like for oily skin? I use Dermalogica face wash and moisturizers and love them.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a serum before workout, since I wash my face after anyway. Then do my moisturizer after, and at night - I use Osmotics Blue Copper and Dr. Dennis Gross.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If my skin is super dry (as in so flaky that make up sticks to the nasty flakes, ick!) I use Eucerin's daily repair body cream. It's really thick but I only use a tiny bit, maybe one pea-sized amount spread on my entire face and I only put it on after I have washed my face. I've also used Olay since high school and people say i look young for my age. :) What I'd like to find is a good sunblock that doesn't burn my eyes when the sweat starts dripping into them.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm using JOHNSON'S Honey Apple Baby Lotion... Love it! :smile:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I dont use lotion during the day, sweat makes anything sting my eyes. At night I use kiehls Rosa artica and love it.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love Clean & Clear Morning Glow moisturizer!
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Before a workout I will just use Grapeseed oil (I have combination skin, prone to breakouts but dry patches in other areas). I find that it works great to keep me hydrated.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I wear mary kay
  • shariTN
    Options
    Ultimate moisturizer: Vitamin E oil!!! Not trying to sound vain here, but I am 48 years old and have been mistaken for early 30's I have people tell me all the time I have excellent skin and I do not look anywhere near my age. I attribute this to 2 things: eating healthy and vitamin E oil. Word of warning: IT WILL STAIN clothes and other materials, but it is worth it to me. I just try to be careful. I sometimes use it in the shower. (Dry off with an old towel)
    I have sold a LOT of people on it who use it as religiously as I do now. ALL NATURAL, no chemicals, etc. I even use it for lying out in the sun. (Use an old bathing suit and towel). Helps prevent peeling.
    The way I sing it's praises you would think I get some kind of cut, but I don't. I just love promoting natural things that work. I also know take Vitamin A capsules internally are really good for keeping your skin young and healthy looking. However, I am not as diligent with that as I should be.
    You can get vitamin E oil at WM for about $5 for a 2 oz bottle. Or at the Family Dollar (not Dollar General) for about $2 for 4 oz. I think the WM brand is a little higher quality and I like to use it sparingly for my face and use the FD brand for everything else. I even put in my hair every now and then wrap it up in an old towel and leave it overnight.
    One more thing, it works great on dry cracked heels. Apply it like crazy to them, put on an old pair of socks and leave on overnight. After a few nights (depending on how bad they are) your heels will feel like a baby's bottom.
    There are lots of articles on the internet. I just pulled up the first one that showed up.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/benefits-of-vitamin-e-oil-for-skin.html
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have to say Olay is expensive for what it is. if you can stretch the budget I would stay away from supermarket type brands and try to go for Clarins which is amazing and quite good value.
    You may be breaking out more as your skin is being cleansed from so much sweating, working out is great for the skin. Its the rubbish coming out and may settle.
    I have got quite converted to tinted moisterisers, Lancome do a great one it has SF15 and is light and gives you some coverage. Saves time in the morning as no need to wear foundation, hence less product lighter on your skin. I think GArnier has just put one out as well if you want to go lower end.