Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    the baked scoops are awesome!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Have them in moderation, instead of eating a whole bowl, eat half a bowl.......:)

exactly!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Get wheat tortillas and Salsa has very little calories.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just bought Newmans Own salsa, comes in a few different levels of hot as well as flavors, and its 65 mg sodium per 2 tablespoons. I use it with a serving of tostitos artisan recipes fire roast chipotle tortilla chips, around 90 or 95 mg sodium per serving. I also have a bag of tortillas from Trader Joes made with veggies and flax seeds. Don't remember the sodium but I'm sure its pretty low as I don't like to go above 100mg per serving of anything snack related.
  • cindyptacek
    cindyptacek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    FRESH salsa has very few calories (use fresh tomatoes, fresh pepppers, fresh onions, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper). Dice all the veggies (or toss in a food processor), add the spices, add a few splashes of lime juice ---- and you are good to go!
  • axman19
    axman19 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa junkie here too. Here's what i did.

I cut up an extra virgin soft wrap into strips or whatever. Put them on a pizza pan and throw them on the grill for about 5 minutes. They are awesome and I load them with low sugar salsa.
  • thirteenblessings
    Options
    You could make your own by using La Tortilla Factory tortillas. The large ones (which would make probably about 10 chips) are 100 calories.

There's also a great chip called La Flavorita - only 60 calories for 10.

And salsa is incredibly low in calories so I see no need to limit that. You could also try dipping various veggies in the salsa for a similar effect.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i like to dip fresh veggies in homemade salsa. They are crunchy like chips and you still get the salsa flavor. Have a few chips won't hurt ya though. Just don't eat half the bag ;)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i like to eat salsa w/cucumbers - not chips and salsa but still really good!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just had this with my lunch today.....,made my own chips using corn tortillas.....sprayed with a little cooking spray and sprinkled with a little garlic salt...bake at 350 for 15 min...break apart and enjoy with salsa.....i also had a piece of string cheese and 2 clementines and my lunch was only 255 cal..
  • renwilliams
    Options
    You should try "Food Should Taste Good" chips they are all natural and go great with homemade salsa and guacamole.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Swap chips for carrots or celery (so you get the crunch) and make your own salsa from red-onion, tomato and coriander

That's no longer chips & salsa. Buzz kill.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    1 cup homemade salsa is only 40 cal, so you can eat as much. now for the chips, I use food scale and only eat 25g or 50g( for higher calorie deficit times ) per meal. this works for me
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaand now I want chips and salsa....
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love chips and salsa. I count my chips(serving size) and then close the bag, or at a restaurant count the chips out and move the basket away. This lets me enjoy the chips without over indulging which is easy for me to do with chips and salsa.

I am usually satisfied with what I have counted out to eat and if not I will go count out some more.

For me it is being aware of what I am eating rather than mindlessly eating.

GREAT idea. Stealing that :)
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Xochitl OrganiX White Tortilla chips... so good. My workout partner discovered them.. aaaammmaaazzzzinnnggg!!!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I love chips and salsa. I add salsa to breakfast burritos or eggs to help with the desire and nix the need for chips.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Xochitl OrganiX White Tortilla chips... so good. My workout partner discovered them.. aaaammmaaazzzzinnnggg!!!

THEY ARE! Definitely second that. They're just fantastic.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is my down fall.
    I cant stop eating them until the whole bowl is gone.
    If I'm at a restaurant, I order refills.

I have ZERO self control when it comes to good chips and salsa.
    :(
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of cooking corn tortillas with garlic powder or salt, and olive oil spray, thanks for that!