Geocaching

Options
2»

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i just googled this to find out what it is.

im really interested!!! i live near sherwood forest and i BET there are some cool ones there.....!

it may be time to take up a new hobby.... x
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i just googled this to find out what it is.

im really interested!!! i live near sherwood forest and i BET there are some cool ones there.....!

it may be time to take up a new hobby.... x

I live in nottingham & a huge geo caching fan. We have got all our children from school intrested and i took my friends children to colwick park a great circuit of them. When we were first getting into them me and mum did s six mile hike just to collect all the ones on a circuit. Its lots of fun& you will bw supprised where you find them
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    wow, epic fail lol I didn't find the cache, but I'm sure I'll be back and I won't stop until I find it.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What is geocaching? Never heard of it, but so many of you think it is great fun. Something I might like to do with my 17 year old
    X-Box addict.
  • farcry66
    farcry66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We love geocaching. My husbands hates going out for a walk, add a few geocaches and he is there!

Basically it is a treasure hunt. You download the co-ordinates where a cache is located. These can be anything from a teeny tiny pet tag cylinder to a great big ammo box - there is one in London which is a massive 30lt storage trunk! Sometimes you have to solve clues and sometimes you can just go straight to it.

Many a good time had whilst out with the family geocaching!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm going to have to look into that for the Spring!!
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes film containers are hard to find but that is what the "container Store" is for. Heaven for geocachers. So many possibilities. They are brick and mortar stores and they also are online.