"Don't reward yourself with food, you`re not a dog" Lou Ferrigno

Right or wrong? Discuss! :smile:

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Doesn't matter when you're on HGH.
  • Are you on creatine op?
  • LOL

I buy myself non-food related items every 2lbs lost...I don't find the appeal in having "bad food" as a treat. I'm not scared of the calories...I just genuinely don't find it rewarding enough. I also don't enjoy the bloat that comes with too much sodium so...it just ends up being more of an annoyance than a treat.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Its definitely important to think that way. More so to think that way for your kids, in terms of there are so many parents out there who reward good behaviour from their kids with sweets and chocolate etc. Mine I reward with magazines or cheap little toys she likes etc Have avoided from her birth giving her the idea that food can be some kind reward.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Doesn't matter when you're on HGH.

Man HGH is EXPENSIVE! just use steroids, they are cheaper!
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    I give myself a "free day" So I guess I do. hahaha.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Oh, now Lou Ferrigno said it? :laugh:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    who cares who said it. It is the truth. I need to start rewarding myself more often. Unfortunately money isn't that plentiful. But when I hit 40 lbs gone, I got contacts and a new hairdo. Now....another 10 and I think I will get me some makeup or something.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    LOL @ some of the posts :laugh:

Gotta admit until recently I did, and as posted by one person I guess its started when I was a kid by my mum, with sweets.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Just to be inappropriately serious I get pretty excited about kimchi. I don’t really think indulging in some kimchi on occasion is a problem. But yeah banana splits are a problem. ;P

Whenever I try to train my dog with treats she likes too much she goes so nuts with anticipation over the reward that she can’t focus. When she can focus she just barely does the absolute minimum to get the treat.

My nephew is being potty trained. Honestly he’s not so different.

Goals & rewards are double-edged swords. They have the power to help but also limit or hinder progress.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Dogs don't reward themselves with food either.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    "If you're not first you're last"-Barack Obama-
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    I have been exercising to allow me to eat all the bad (good, yummy) stuff. If I can burn off 400-500 cals then I can eat normally. I know my sugar and sodium sometimes go through the roof, but what the hey, I'm only counting calories right now.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    "Don't reward yourself with food, you`re not a dog" Lou Ferrigno

Right or wrong? Discuss! :smile:

Right. For people like me who have issues with overeating, rewarding hard work with food is not a good way to go since I have trouble stopping with certain foods. I try to reward my weight loss with other cool stuff like a bike, kayak, or new clothes.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I eat most everything in moderation, so I have no need for food rewards because I enjoy everything I eat every day!
  • I absolutely believe this! I have not used food as a reward with my children, unfortunately, everyplace else they go does!

For me, every 20 lbs. lost, I reward myself with something like a manicure or pedicure, new hair style or a new article for my shrinking wardrobe. Right now I am 1.5 lbs. away from a pedicure!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    WRONG! *woof*
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    "If you're not first you're last"-Barack Obama-

*snort*

I don't reward my fitness activities with food, but I sure as hell celebrate with food and beverages. There is nothing I love more than having a bit of good fortune (monetary, social, economical, business) come my way, and going out to a nice dinner with my fiancee.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    c9013_11e1c9f3-33c6-43fb-b803-ec05d2b7f07f.jpg
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    I pretty regularly reward myself for 6 days of healthy eating & kickass workouts with my bodyweight in Patron &/or a day spent eating a crapton of craptastic crap food that may or may not include a piece of cake the size of my head.

Is that bad?