I need a reply to this comment I keep getting

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    She's jealous and is trying to sabotage you. Punch her in the face.

I've heard some people like to punch in the vagina as well.

A vagina punch is always fun
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'd ignore her unless she's asking you directly about something you are eating, then I'd use some of the replies you've already been given.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    "well bless your heart".... :bigsmile:

i agree with the above posters, if it makes her feel better... have at it.. doesn't effect you in the slightest... plus just wait til she porks up again and then swoop in the for the kill .... LOL :laugh: j/k
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I low carbed it too for about two weeks, lost 4 lbs and then I ate some pasta and gained it back plus some.

My boyfriend and I are trying to lose weight together, he lost 4 lbs in the first week...I lost 1. So he rubs it in my face that he is losing more weight by eating low fat than I am by eating low calorie and working out. My comeback is that I am a woman and am supposed to have boobies and it will take a lot more than 4 lbs for him to lose his moobs.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    wait til she starts gaining it back.. then throw YOUR weight loss in HER face :)
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it the right way, then the only "comeback" you need will be your ability to keep the weight off come 6 months from now when shes gotten bored of her low carb diet and is putting all the weight back on again.

Just brush it off for now. Be the bigger person.

Well said, and I agree wholeheartedly. Congratulate her on her weight loss when she brings it up, and leave it at that.

In a few month's time, she'll be back at her starting weight (or bigger than before), and you will have lost X pounds and KEPT THEM OFF. That will shut her up. lol
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel sorry for her.

In my experience, people who constantly compete in this way are really suffering from a lack of self esteem. They constantly need to one-up you in order to make themselves feel better. Both you and I know her current plan isn't going to work out long term and while it's annoying, I really sort of just feel pity that she's putting herself through all this (and you with her comments) and will most likely be unable to maintain this change long term.

Be the better person, don't let her actions affect you. You're on your path to healthiness, so it's all good :)
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that - she mocks calorie counting and is always on the latest fad diet - you name it, she's tried it so that makes her an expert. Every now and then she loses 20lb, then puts it back, with more on top. As a consequence, in the time that I've known her, she's got bigger and I've got smaller, but she's still 'the expert'!
    Guess what her latest fad was? Yes, calorie counting! I'd recommended MFP to her, she found a different site which she said was better, stuck with it for a few weeks and then got bored!
    So just smile and nod - one day she'll come to her senses!
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    ROFL to all the wittisms. Kill them with a smile. Smile and nod, go "that's nice" and then move on. The green little monster goes away (eventualy) when it realizes it has no friends.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    Say something like, "I've heard that the low carb thing isn't supposed to be a diet but a lifestyle or the person gains all the lost weight back. So be careful with that"

Let her be petty, you don't have to. We're LADIES not teen girls. :wink:

THIS! Agreed!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it. Why do you need a comeback? It actually has nothing to do with you. It's her journey. Just leave her to it. If she asks for your advice, give it gently, but if not, just congratulate her on her losses and leave it at that.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    And if it's that bad, just Un-Friend her.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this with a few coworkers right now who, after asking me repeatedly over the past year what I did to lose my weight (what I keep telling them is the truth: I move more and I eat smarter), jumped on the Jan.1 bandwagon to get healthy with quick fixes like cutting out entire food groups...when they say something about how they're losing so quickly my response has been, "hey I'm glad it's working for you. Congrats on working to get healthier" Smile, nod, continue doing what works for you, support them if they ask for help. Snarky comebacks will just make you look like YOU are jealous of them for dropping weight quickly (even if they gain it back), which you have no reason to be since you are doing what's best for your body. :wink:
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    Just ignore it. Why do you need a comeback? It actually has nothing to do with you. It's her journey. Just leave her to it. If she asks for your advice, give it gently, but if not, just congratulate her on her losses and leave it at that.

Exactly!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    What are some of the old sayings...things we say to our kids.

Kill her with kindness - Say that's awesome. Keep up the good work.

Don't give the bully the attention they seek - Don't get upset, frustrated or emotional.

Encourage, Encourage and Encourage. It will come back 10 folds.
  • shamrck44
    Options
    I would be equally passive agressive. "Yes, I noticed you always do well with the low carb thing. What is this your 4th bout? You really have it down pat by now, great job"
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My response would be based on what time of the month it is...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All kidding aside...I am going through this with my 19 year old son about his girlfriend being on Adkins. :explode: :explode: :explode: Sure, you can be successful at losing the weight, but keeping it off is a different story. :noway: :noway: :noway:

I think my first response, without thinking, would be "whatever". That's just the way I tend to roll sometimes. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    LOL, I have one better. Me and my friend had are kids weeks apart. I started working out really hard and eating very well. She opted for lipo, butt implants, and a lift. Moral of the story: you can only control the things you do, not that of others, so don't let what she does or anyone else for that matter get to you. Do what works for you and that's all. :flowerforyou:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I find headbutting useful? Lol, sorry, I have a friend like this so I know how you feel. To be honest I found them too toxic to be around and withdrew from them.

Exactly this.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    how about...

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you low carb last year too? Why do you have to keep doing it?

its nearly impossible to lose that much actual fat in 2 days, its all probably water weight, because I can see you skin starting to dry up a bit.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    dont even worry about it, as soon as she eats some carbs all that water loss will just creep back on anyway

ps, whats wrong with string cheese??