Gained 2 pounds

Options
I v'e been at this a week now walking or bike riding 45-60 min a day. Took the weekend off. Gained 2 pounds! This is frustrating. I guess I'll have to be carefull on the weekend and watch my food closer. Maybe weight training a couple of days this week will help. Any suggestions. I need to stay modivated .

Thanks for any input. Deb

Replies

• debtherealtor
    Options
    I v'e been at this a week now walking or bike riding 45-60 min a day. Took the weekend off. Gained 2 pounds! This is frustrating. I guess I'll have to be carefull on the weekend and watch my food closer. Maybe weight training a couple of days this week will help. Any suggestions. I need to stay modivated .

Thanks for any input. Deb
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    it could be just muscle that has been gained, or water weight, Honestly I would keep working at it and check inches lost as well as pounds over time. You'll do great Im sure. As for motivation, come up with a system and regular schedule that will help you "see" your progress as you track it. For me physically writing down what I eat through out the day helps, also I write down how long I've worked out and how many calories i've burned. Using the MFP tracker can help as well. It's pretty accurate! I still like to write it all down on paper, just makes you more AWARE of the things you are doing through out the day! Hope this helps:)
  • maraleigh
    maraleigh Posts: 17
    Options
    This happens to me as well. It's so frustrating..I mean how can you go from (for me anyway) being lazy, eating junk food and slowly gaining to eating sooo much better, working out an hour a day and still gain weight? I had to re look at what i was consuming...in my case too much sodium too late at night. It retains water, also workingout hard late at night is bad for me because then my body holds on to the water...Keep it up though, things will turn around! Im a big believe in positive thinking! It WILL work for me and it WILL work for you too! :flowerforyou:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I really think that just a few flubs on the weekend can TOTALLY ruin your entire week! that's why it's really important to write down everything you're eating because you can go way over your necessary calories pretty quickly. I also have a hard time believing that it would be muscle weight already - that's really quick and I think it takes much longer for you to have added weight because of muscle (but maybe I'm wrong?).

It sucks to work really hard all week and then mess it all up in two days so my guess is to try hard to not take two days "off" and work hard all seven days!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I really think that just a few flubs on the weekend can TOTALLY ruin your entire week! that's why it's really important to write down everything you're eating because you can go way over your necessary calories pretty quickly. I also have a hard time believing that it would be muscle weight already - that's really quick and I think it takes much longer for you to have added weight because of muscle (but maybe I'm wrong?).

It sucks to work really hard all week and then mess it all up in two days so my guess is to try hard to not take two days "off" and work hard all seven days!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    I was just wondering where you got your wedding ticker! Im getting married in Sept. and I think it would be a nice motivational factor to have one myself!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty anal about my tracking. Then, if my weight loss one week isn't what I expect, I look back and see if there is any obvious problem. Did I slack off on my water? Is my protein intake going down? Did I have a couple of high calorie days in a row? Are my carbs creeping up? Did I miss too many exercise days?

Usually when I look at the data, I find a cause and I correct it. If I don't, then I figure it's some scale weirdness and don't worry about it.