Vitamins and supplements?

Options
I have been working on healthy eating and exercise for a few weeks and its going well. I have lost about 7 lbs and I feel good but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about vitamins or supplements that are good to take to help stimulate weight loss or supress hunger, or just a plain good idea for dieters?

Replies

• JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Careful on supplements, as you can easily overdose or have reactions with other things you are eating or taking.

I had over a hundred pounds (I mean I needed help with skin repair). I took/take a multivitamin, vitamin D, coconut oil, flax oil, CoQ10, and Biotin (that includes E, Aloe Vera, and Zinc). I also drink green tea (sometimes Oolong tea) to help with metabolism.

However, before you take ANY supplements, or even drink various teas, please check with a pharmacist or your doctor to make sure you don't have an issue with any prescriptions you take. You also want to make sure you don't over dose. Sometimes a supplement that states on the front what it is, actually contains various other ingredients, if you check the back of the bottle.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, instead of supplements to "suppress hunger", please consider the following:

1) Increase vegetables since they hardly have any calories. Try to make at least half your plate full of veggies each time you fix a meal or snack. That way it's hard to be hungry, and/or go over your calories.

2) Be sure to drink enough water. If you hate water (like I did at first) start with a fruit juice splash in it, you may need more than a splash... then gradually decrease the amount of juice and soon you'll like water and crave it.

3) Be aware of your breathing.... I know that sounds crazy, but if you don't breath deeply during the day, you get more stressed out and the more stressed you are, the more you think you are hungry. Crazy, but true.

4) Drink hot tea, coffee or broth based soup before your meals... or even as a snack. It will help fill up your tummy so you aren't starving and craving hard-core calorie-dense foods.

5) Please know that you are in this to lose weight once and for all, to never have to yo-yo like the rest of the world does. So... you need to take a different approach. Most people look for an easy way out. If there was one, no one would be heavy! Really, you can lose weight fast and gain it back faster... or try the steady way of losing and be done with it for good. You are already on the right path with the 7 pounds you lost (CONGRATS!) so please just take a deep breath and think about what you want long term.

Best of luck! You can do it!
  • proftracy
    proftracy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the excellent advice!! :)