Eating on the go?

I work 12 hour days from 6am-6pm. The bonus is every other weekend is a three day weekend with no missed time. I am writing today to seek input about my Friday routine. Usually fridays on my 48 hour weekend I work, run a few errands and then I end up getting some fast food somewhere for dinner. With my goals in mind though I have started changing where I stop, I used to go to the worst places out there... Now I keep it to places like Chic-Fil-A, Chipotle, Sheetz.. I know it's still fast food but to me those places offer more healthy options then others and Sheetz, for being a gas station makes some good subs that I like to eat as well.

My big question is can you get something healthy while being on the go and not wanting to spend a lot of time somewhere? The rest of the weekend I usually have dinner at my fiances and she cooks, but I usually don't feel like cooking after working 12 hours and then running errands.

any tips and or advice would be greatly apprecaited :)

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Fast food never works for me. I avoid it. My schedule can get crazy but its a sporatic not regular thing. I always have protein bars, nuts, powdered protien with me (in the glove box, the office, pretty much every where). I use the bars or powder as meal replacements or filler and the nuts as snacks.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 856 Member
    Do you have access to a refrigerator and a microwave? you could pack some leftovers or a healthy sandwich option, etc with you. Subway is also a "healthier" food on the run place ,though sodium is high, i as i suspect it is with almost any fast food place.
  • Do you have access to a refrigerator and a microwave? you could pack some leftovers or a healthy sandwich option, etc with you. Subway is also a "healthier" food on the run place ,though sodium is high, i as i suspect it is with almost any fast food place.

I do, the problem is I don't. Usually plan ahead.. But my fiancé made spaghetti
    The other day and we have left overs so I'll probably take that.