Down almost 30 lbs and feel worse?

Options
2»

Replies

• TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    when losing weight you need to mix it up not just all cardio all the time, mix up weights and yoga also

helps tighten the skin, takes time but eventually it pays off

Here is a picture of a friend of mine, most know her as BUFF MOTHER

She had 4 kids in 4 years last set where twins and C- section if I remember right

She never looked like this before, but once she got moving and doing cardio/weights etc

it can be done you got this!
    You can find her online and you can find her on facebook, shes a kick it lady, think shes got a youtube page too of some workouts =)

buffmother19.jpg
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I was at my smallest I always felt like my cellulite on my behind and my legs was showing much worse, and my boobs were just saggy skin, like old bean bags. I am up 20 lbs right now and everything looks plump and round. I know I need to lose the extra but I also know that I will feel worse naked, but feel better dressed.
    Congratulations on all you have accomplished already!!
  • TNoire
    Options
    ps... another thing that helps

cocoa butter helps with the stretch marks when your preggers AND weight loss stretch marks too :D
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeah... however, it's not really true that you look worse... I've lost over a hundred pounds and have a mommy-pouch, but at least in clothes I can hide it. I couldn't hide being large no matter how much I tried. As time has gone by, I've noticed that the loose skin is tighter too, which doctors said wouldn't/couldn't happen. I'm hoping that eventually, it will all shrink away. I do, however, exercise daily and have a much more active lifestyle than I ever had before. In fact, I am now a swim instructor. I ride a bike, run, swim, walk, lift weights, do classes (Yoga, strength,pilates, etc..) I feel soooo much better. I feel like I'm younger now than I was 15 years ago.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I did get my "pouch" surgically removed when I lost my baby weight.....and man was it ever worth it!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • TNoire
    Options
    If your losing to fast it will take more time slow and steady wins the race and the skin will tighten easier :)
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OH honey... join the club.... My extra skin causes some major depression issues with me sometimes... ( I had been known to cry about it in the past) I was about 297 lbs 5 years ago, the first go around I lost 162 lbs!!!! I felt better, but still could not wear certain shirts because it showed my pouch. My doc said I had anywhere from 10-15 lbs of just skin!! I have now gained 39 lbs back after getting married (sigghhh), so I am back on it. I have so much extra skin you cannot see my belly button... yuck, I know... I am looking into getting surgery possibly... no exercise in the world will take it all away is what the doc told me. But, on the positive note, I would rather have extra skin than extra fat :) Hang in there, just want you to know you are not alone!!
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am trying to avoid surgery if possible, but I accept the fact that sometimes it has to be done. Like I said..I am just going to keep working my butt off and HOPEFULLY I start to see some changes!
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you on this. I've lost 30 pounds and it's like everything is looking so great except my lower stomach. I work it so much and I hardly see any results. Like you said, it just sags down there. I don't really have any advice for it other than keep working your lower abdominal area and you'll get there.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It may be possible that you aren't as bloated or retaining water as much. This might be why your belly isn't "solid" anymore...
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am sure I am not as bloated. Gravity is just not on my side lately!