23lbs?

Options
Ok, so I have officially lost 23 lbs since i started. which I am obviously very happy with. however, I dont really see that much of a difference. how much did you larger ladies like me have to lose before you really started to SEE a difference? much love xx

Replies

• Angiehankins77
    Options
    I have the same question.. I have lost 17 and can't see a difference yet, but pants are looser! Yay!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    yeah, my clothes are a little lose but i still dont feel any great improvement in myself at all. i mean, my stomach seems the same old stomach lol
  • mkwow
    mkwow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Id say around 30 you really start seeing a difference. I lost weight before and thats when I noticed. Take pictures too- tthen you can really tell when they are side by side. Congrats on your loss! Great job!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    Thanks babe! im glad to know that i will start seeing a difference lol. the thing i cant get out my head is that i will get to goal weight and not look any different. i know t sounds silly but im petrified my body will just not get smaller lol
  • mkwow
    Options
    It will! I kinda feel the same way right now, but i also know what my body looks like ten pounds lighter than I am! You WILL get there! focus on little things. Like I dont feel like I look smaller, but I know I am because my pants are big on me. Imagine what you will look like with another 10lbs and go for it. Also the smaller you get the less you have to lose to see results! For bigger people like me it might take more weight to see a difference, but you will see it- just keep going and think positive thoughts!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    Cheers luv, I am really on it now. just split up with my partner of 4 years and am living on my own for the first time ever, going to do it this time as I have time to finally concentrate on myself for a change. :D
  • mkwow
    Options
    I hear ya girly! Take care of YOU! :)
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    Too right! I have (and im sure many women on here can agree) taken care of others and put them first for too darn long! lol :D
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If you're discouraged by not physically seeing the weight loss... Try measuring! I've lost an inch off my upper arms, an inch off my hips and a whopping 4 INCHES off my thigh!
    I have lost 23lb too :)
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    Well done you! i think i may try that :D ty for the tip x
  • Garpart
    Garpart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was just saying yesterday before i weighed in that i dont feel like im losing anything and if ivam losing its probably only an ounce
    Here or an ounce there. Then i weighed myself and in the 15 days that ive been doing this ive lost a total of 4.8 lbs.
    Im sooo pumped.:laugh:
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    WOOP WOOP! keep it up and u'll soon be hitting goal!
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is my experience:

Started at 255.2 and a size 20...other people really started to notice at about 50 lbs down, I was in a size 16. (so, only 2 sizes in 50 lbs)

The last 50 everyone has noticed (if they didn't walk right by me first!) I am now going thru sizes like crazy. Size 8 now, so about every 10-15 lbs I go down a size.

I will also say that taking measurements is the best!! Sometimes it was the only thing that kept me going. I have lost over 150"...yay! Don't forget pictures too! It's hard to see the changes daily, so monthly measurements and pictures are a must!

Good luck on your journey, you have momentum on your side!
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've recently starting seeing a difference in my clothes. I've lost 30 pounds.

Also; If you have what they call a "proportionate" body type you may not notice weight loss so quickly because it's so spread out. But keep going and you'll get there!

:D
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    I just looked at your pics and you looks FANTASTIC! Thank you everyone for all your lovely motivating messages! You are ALL doing very well,lets make this our year guys!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!