Ack I don't have enough motivation!

Options
Overall I'm doing well on my healthy lifestyle. It's work that's killing me right now...

I feel like I only have so much willpower and motivation to use in my life and with most of it aimed at healthy lifestyle work is really slacking. (Hence the fact that I'm posting this while I should be working :blushing: )

I worked my @$$ off for the first 2 years here and chatted with people about getting promoted and needing/wanting further challenges. This job is a great entry-level (with college education) job, but I'm BORED. I got a title change/promotion without a pay increase which kind of just pissed me off. Now I just found out my super immature, comes in hung over and laughs about it all the time party girl, loudmouth, lame coworker got the same freaking title promotion as me. WTF?! :mad:

I've considered talking to my supervisor about NEEDING to be challenged AGAIN, but I don't want to be a nag. I'm getting my job done, and I've been spending about 2 hours a day on the internet the past 2-3 weeks. I need more to do. I hate being bored and I would rather be busy and not have time to read all the forums. I could easily find busy work to do (I used to do this) but I'm no longer the newest here, and I don't want to freaking file anymore.

Whew... so that's my rant today... any advice?

Replies

• AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    nope sorry none here I need a job lol.

GL though.

Alicia
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Come up with a project you want to do and tell your boss you'd like to do it. I'm a supervisor.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I agree that I should find a project and just own it. I KNOW that I need to be the one with initiative... but sometimes surfing the internet is WAY TOO DAMNED easy!

I had a good night's sleep and I feel better about life today (plus I lost a pound which ALWAYS helps :happy: )