Exercising with medical problems

Options
I am after some suggestions and help.
I have a bone disease and pain in my joints, particularly my feet which have already been operated on and will need further surgery in the next couple of years. I also had a brain haemorrhage a year ago and it has left me with some balance issues and bad fatigue amongst other things.

I am being supported by my GP and rehab team and they know I am trying to loose weight now a reasonable amount of time has passed since both operations. I used to walk 30+ miles a week but although I am back to walking most days for 30 or so minutes the combination of pain and exhaustion make it a lot harder. I am also using the biggest loser game on the easiest setting for 20 minute workouts 4 times or more a week. I am trying to get my body to adjust to more activity and build up the intensity slowly and steadily.

Is there anything else I can do. I need to work smart and get the maximum out of anything I try and it needs to be doable in short bursts and preferably at home. I really want to tone my arms for example, friend have said do reps with cans of food as I don't have weights. Will that do anything? They seem a bit light to me! I know getting this weight off is going to be a massive help with my mobility and joint problems and I am in this for the long haul so I don't mind doing stuff that will take longer to show results, if I push myself too hard I can end up in bed for days or even hospital a couple of times.

Thanks in advance :wink: