My Stupid Thighs.

Options
13»

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. They're always the last to change and they change VERY slowly. My calves are almost instant. I can see a difference in a few days (along with my waist) But the arms and legs take FOREVER. Stick with it and don't worry too much about certain body parts. Just worry about staying on track.
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Running made mines smaller...
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i have a huge bottom and thighs since starting the 30ds I have lost about an inch in both my thighs my bottom just sits up a lot higher and looks fuller now :/
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    run... ever see a marathoner with thick thighs?

I just ran a 1/2 marathon and my thighs would still be considered big. Professional marathoners also run upwards of 50 miles per week and have done so for many years, which would be disastrous for the average person.

Sprinters, who also run, have large and well developed muscles.

Running isn't the answer. The afore mentioned marathon runners have the absolute minimum body fat required, which is why they have skinny legs. Less weight = easier to run.

Any weight training is going to encourage muscle growth. You can't spot reduce. You can be thankful that you store your excess fat in a pear-shaped fashion, as it's much healthier than carrying excess fat around your abdomen.

IMO you have two options:
    1. Decrease your overall body fat %. Note that the places you gain the most weight are typically the last to lose weight. Nature is stubborn.
    2. Love your body and work with what you've got. There's nothing wrong with having strong, prominent legs.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    SQUATS...MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF SQUATS OF EVERY KIND. They will shrink.
  • crazylopaz
    crazylopaz Posts: 1
    Options
    I been working
    Out for 9 yrs now no
    Matter what i do my thighs stay the same !!!!
    And after my knee
    Surgery they even start touching each other
    Well i wish there is magic cream that makes them
    Small
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Cycling.

Works an absolute treat.

Try to do 20 minutes a day 5 days a week (moderate - vigorous) and after a couple of months you should really notice the difference.

I have forever had an issue with my wobbly chubby thighs but now they are half the size and they don't wobble half as much as before, I have been cycling for 10 months now and the difference is unbelievable.

The rest of my body not so much of a difference, but the thighs.....trust me, it works.

Good luck!

^ this --- I truly believe this is the solution - I never had an issue with wobbly thighs when I was cycling ALL the time (on average 6 spin clases a week / logged about 200 km weekly) .... I stopped spin classes over 1 year ago, the WOBBLE has returned!

i used to cycle a lot - and had big thighs. now i run and have big thighs. my sisters have big thighs, my mother and her sister have them... see a theme here? all i can do is work on making them less jiggly, but they will always be big compared to the rest of me...
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice about cycling. Also, try spin class as well. Have you ever noticed that the hard core cyclists have great leg muscles? Their legs might not be small but they are powerful. I'd take powerful over thin and flabby any day!:laugh:

I've had big thighs for years. I finally made peace with them and then guess what? In my forties, I gained a belly pooch. Personally, I'd rather deal with the large thighs than my pooch!!