March of Dimes/March for Babies

Options
anyone ever done that?

there's an event in my city in a couple weeks, but it's 6 1/4 miles. I don't think I can do it quite yet. I can barely make it half that walking outside...

but I really want to do it in 2010.

I want to know if anyone has done it and what they're experiences were. did it make you feel good, both on a physical level and on an emotional level?

Replies

• xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    anyone ever done that?

there's an event in my city in a couple weeks, but it's 6 1/4 miles. I don't think I can do it quite yet. I can barely make it half that walking outside...

but I really want to do it in 2010.

I want to know if anyone has done it and what they're experiences were. did it make you feel good, both on a physical level and on an emotional level?
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Bonnie... I haven't done the specific event you mentioned, but last year, for the first time, I ran in two 5K races, one for Junior Achievement and another for the Susan Komen Breast Cancer folks. I had a great time at both events. You get out there with a lot of people who are all pumped about the run, pumped about the cause, and after everyone is tired and sweaty, it's like a big party at the gym. Add to that running for a deserving cause, and it's tough to beat.

You know your body best, so do what you feel capable of doing, but don't fear giving it a try. If you only make it 1, 2, or 3 miles before you have to quit, hey, that's progress!! I think fear keeps a lot of folks from trying a new workout program because they think they can't do it. I like to say, what your mind believes, your body can achieve. The only factor that's out of your control is time. If you set a goal to lose so many pounds, you can give yourself a month, but if you don't lose the number you were after, that's no reason to stop. That's a reason to keep going and reach for more... Best of luck to you..!!!