Inner Thigh Workout anyone??

Options
I have pretty much always had thin legs no matter how big I ever got, at least with my clothes on. But w/o clothes on, that was a different story. Although my outter thighs and calves were okay, my inner thighs were jiggly!

I know the deal about having to lose fat all over your body before seeing any real definition in any particular muscle group. But understand my frustration when I have lost the amount of weight that I have, my calf and quad muscles are more toned than they ever have been and my inner thighs are still jiggly!!! What gives???

So now my question is, does anyone know of any good inner thigh exercises that I can do at home, rather than having to do the hip adductor/abductor at the gym?? Will a resistance band work? My boyfriend got one of those while out of work with a separated shoulder and I thought it might come in handy.

I'd rally appreciate any help you all can give me. Thanks!!

~x~

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I have pretty much always had thin legs no matter how big I ever got, at least with my clothes on. But w/o clothes on, that was a different story. Although my outter thighs and calves were okay, my inner thighs were jiggly!

I know the deal about having to lose fat all over your body before seeing any real definition in any particular muscle group. But understand my frustration when I have lost the amount of weight that I have, my calf and quad muscles are more toned than they ever have been and my inner thighs are still jiggly!!! What gives???

So now my question is, does anyone know of any good inner thigh exercises that I can do at home, rather than having to do the hip adductor/abductor at the gym?? Will a resistance band work? My boyfriend got one of those while out of work with a separated shoulder and I thought it might come in handy.

I'd rally appreciate any help you all can give me. Thanks!!

~x~
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/library/bltotalresistancebeginners.htm

this web site had some good routines. check it out
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Sit on your exercise ball, with a leg to each side, and squeeze in... Could also do laying on the floor, with the ball held between your legs, but I prefer to sit.

Lay on your back with a resistance band underneath you. Handles go over your feet, legs raised straight up. Lower your legs like a V to the sides, and then bring back up. Not enough resistance, grab the band in your hands and stretch the band a little. We did this one in my strength length and tone, and boy, could I feel it the next day.

Plie (sp?) squats. This is the one where your legs are spread, toes turned out from the body... I do this with extra weights, and ugh, I hate it!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/library/bltotalresistancebeginners.htm

this web site had some good routines. check it out

Thank you, thank you!! :flowerforyou: Will do!!
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a similar problem, I carry a lot of my leg fat in my inner thighs. It's frustrating. Anyway, a great exercise you can do at home is side lunges. Combine those with the lunges where you step forward and across your body with one leg then lunge (crossover lunges? sorry don't know the name) it's a killer leg workout. The great thing is as it gets easier you can add hand weights for more resistence.

Also, if you lay on your side and do leg lifts--say you're on your left side, you'd slide your left leg forward a bit and lift. Good luck!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have the same problem. My calf muscles are looking amazing and I'm starting to tone up in the thigh but that inner thigh :sick: Thank you for posting this and thank you to those who answered.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a similar problem, I carry a lot of my leg fat in my inner thighs. It's frustrating. Anyway, a great exercise you can do at home is side lunges. Combine those with the lunges where you step forward and across your body with one leg then lunge (crossover lunges? sorry don't know the name) it's a killer leg workout. The great thing is as it gets easier you can add hand weights for more resistence.

Curtsey (sp??) lunges?

One of my workout videos also does a wide squat and then drag your toe in to a standing position. The resistance works that inner muscle.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Oh yes, my problem, too. The other exercises mentioned are all good. I also do two good lying exercises.
    Lie on your side with the top leg bent at the knee, the foot on the floor, either behind the botton leg or crossed over it. Hold a 10 or 15 lb weight so that it balances on the inner thigh of the bottom leg. Lift the bottom leg and lower. That's one rep. It's a very short movement, but it works. Do as many as you can, then switch sides.

Also in the same position, you can do leg circles - bottom leg with toe pointed makes dinner plate sized circles go forward, then backward.

Working the bottom of the two legs helps to isolate the muscle.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Sit on your exercise ball, with a leg to each side, and squeeze in... Could also do laying on the floor, with the ball held between your legs, but I prefer to sit.

Lay on your back with a resistance band underneath you. Handles go over your feet, legs raised straight up. Lower your legs like a V to the sides, and then bring back up. Not enough resistance, grab the band in your hands and stretch the band a little. We did this one in my strength length and tone, and boy, could I feel it the next day.

Plie (sp?) squats. This is the one where your legs are spread, toes turned out from the body... I do this with extra weights, and ugh, I hate it!

I just tried the resistance band underneath w/ the legs in a V and it actually works very well. It's one of the few exercises that I could actually feel my inner thigh working, give it a try!:wink: