Darn it....really????

Options
dawn_eichert
dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
I just couldn't believe this....since starting on my healthier lifestyle, I have significantly cut down my alcohol consumption. Usually because I don't have enough calories to spend on a glass (or two) of wine by evening. However last night, had plenty of calories and decided to have a glass of wine..... but I couldn't believe it. It didn't taste good, immediately gave me a headache and didn't even finish one glass. Is this what I have to look forward to? No more relaxing evenings with my wine? :sad: :sad: :sad:

How boring....

Replies

• pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    this happened to me, i purposely stopped drinking in the begining (last summer) and at the end of my first month i really wanted to treat myself.......i did finish my glass though.....and had another......and another

hmmm i think i have problems :drinker: it didnt taste good but i was determined to enjoy it! :noway: :laugh:
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    switch to bourbon.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    switch to bourbon.

haha! Not that! celebrate with a handful of dark chocolate chips! only 80 cals for 16!:wink:
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lol try rum it tastes better than wine~
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't believe this....since starting on my healthier lifestyle, I have significantly cut down my alcohol consumption. Usually because I don't have enough calories to spend on a glass (or two) of wine by evening. However last night, had plenty of calories and decided to have a glass of wine..... but I couldn't believe it. It didn't taste good, immediately gave me a headache and didn't even finish one glass. Is this what I have to look forward to? No more relaxing evenings with my wine? :sad: :sad: :sad:

How boring....

Not drinking your evening wine.....that's where your problem started. :tongue:
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I think we become accustomed to "unhealthy" behavior, and once we start changing it, we don't like to go back because our bodies KNOW BETTER :-)

There are a lot of old favorites of mine that just aren't good anymore. Now I have new favorite things that are more healthy, and I don't feel bad about having them :-)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    i quit drinking when i started just cuz it was a significant source of calories for me but now I will enjoy a couple of Tecates from time to time but they taste funny to me too. Maybe it was a bad batch I will keeep trying tho! LOL
  • Lordservnt
    Options
    I love cranberry and vodka...so yummy :)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Maybe the bottle was corked? I'd try again, just to be sure. :drinker:
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options

How boring....

Not drinking your evening wine.....that's where your problem started. :tongue:

^^^I think that's where the problem started!! Ha ha.
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I haven't had a drink in months! So you're saying that there's a good chance that when I do have a drink it's likely to taste yucky? Oh wait, I guess I had one on Christmas Eve. Or 3. haha... And they still tasted pretty darn good. It was Moscato... mmm... good thing I don't have any right now.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    haha I can remember when I stopped drinking my wine, in the evenings my hubby and I would sit outside to have a drink...no more boring...don't worry we get use to it. :drinker: :blushing:
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have never really drank a whole bunch to begin with... but I have an occasional glass or two of wine or beer and they don't taste funny... however, I do get all warm and tingly feeling... that never happened before dieting. I can take the warm tingly thing... kinda like it!
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    You may just need to try a different kind or brand. because some wines give me a headache even before i started to lose weight.
  • hlmoore1996
    hlmoore1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That happened with my formerly beloved Diet Pepsi. It tastes very bitter now, but before I LOVED it! I'm very sad about this.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    How long has it been??? I dont think your palate would have changed that much in a relatively short time. If I were you, I'd keep practicing until I got it right :)
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking 5yrs ago and drank for the 1st time in January for my best friends 30th birthday. It wasn't nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be. Did it add any excitement to the evening, no. I don't plan on trying again and doubt I'll miss it. There are many great teas, coffees, ciders, ect ect that have far less calories than alcohol. Personally I find it more relaxing with a warm cup of something ;)
  • JARREFAN
    JARREFAN Posts: 14 Member
    Options

How boring....

I'm also very partial to a glass of red wine, helps me relax
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That never happens to me...... = (
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Find a way to make it work!! :laugh: