binge eater needs weight loss support

Options
Hi im 19 will be 20 on march 2... I jist had a BAby 2 months ago and my bienge eating is worse like today i had cereal burrito 3 pb &j sandwiches and chip and yogart. I know bad,i seriously need help And support with this cus i am breastfeeding and she gets whatever i eat i need to make better eating choises for her sake.. Add me and help me plZ

Replies

• emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i there...i joined just a little while ago..have lots of great people supporting me...im a comfort eater...hopefully on the way to changing that..i will send you a request...others feel free to add me too...you can do it:smile:
  • Athenaviolet
    Options
    The key is what you are binging on. Fruits and vegetables are the best option. Watermelon will make you full after 2 cups and that is under 100 calories.
  • enedinaalba
    Options
    i got ur add and added you. I know i do need to eat more fruits and veggies
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I would cut back on the bread a bit. I know it's a big culprit for triggering binges with me. Have your peanut butter on an apple instead, or with your yoghurt. Try to make sure you shop for success too! That means don't buy the foods you love to binge on, find other things to eat. May not be easy if you have to buy food for other people, but I buy snacks for my bf that I can resist, so I don't make his snacks my excuse to binge.
  • hepsi
    hepsi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know exactly how hard u r finding it to stop binge eating...I have been doing exactly that for last 2 years...I have only started my healthy eating mission few weeks ago but I am able to do it...

What I am doing is preparing my meals well in advance since I am strapped for time too. Mostly, for breakfast and lunch, I am having wraps.

I choose the veggies I like and boil them until they soften and then add some spices according to taste and then let them sit for a while so they absorb the flavour. The stuffing is ready in an hour. You can refrigerate it or if u have made tonnes of it like me, divide them into portions and freeze it. If you need a recipe I follow, buzz me.

Now, if u have this stuffing with bread, it won't be filling.

Which is why I have it with indian flatbread which I make at home. its called Phulka or roti. You can prepare the dough, divide it into balls and freeze it. I consume 3 a day. Its very healthy, has lots of protein and very filling and still low in calories so you can consume more than 3 as per your calorie intake. I spread coriander chutney (green chutney) on the inside to make it moist. For breakfast I have Phulka wrap with one scrambled egg inside. It keeps me going for good 3 hours.

When made with water, Nutrition : 60kcal, 11g carbs, 1g fat, 2g protein

Heres the recipe for phulka.

Ingredients:

Whole Wheat Chapati Flour – 1.5 cups
    Warm Water – 2/3rd cup ( I use whey from cheese making instead of water as its full of proteins that boosts Immune system, is great for diabetics as well)
    Chapati Flour – for dusting

Method:

1. Pour the Chapatti flour in a big open mixing bowl.
    2. Pour the Warm Water a little at a time and start kneading.
    3. Knead till the dry flour is all absorbed and it forms a nice dough.
    4. Use a couple of drops of Oil and rub on the dough so it does not form a crust.
    5. Cover and allow the dough to rest for about 15 minutes.
    6. After 15 minutes, uncover and pinch a bit of the dough, about the size of a golf ball.
    7. Form a round ball and flatten between the palm of your hands.
    8. Roll it in the dry flour and dust off all excess flour.
    9. Put it on the rolling surface and start rolling with a rolling pin.
    10. Dip in the dry flour as needed to avoid sticking to the surface. Dip one finger into olive oil and rub it onto phulka, sprinkle some flour, fold it into semi circle such that the oiled surface come together, fold again to form quarter circle. dust both sides with flour and roll it out all over again. (You can skip the step but phulkas won't be as soft and won't rise easily)
    11. Make round phulkas.
    12. Meanwhile, heat the Tawa/Skillet on medium heat.
    13. Once it is nice and hot, lay the phulka on the Tawa.
    14. Allow it to cook and flip once you see bubbles appear.
    15. Allow it to cook for another minute.
    16. Increase the flame to the maximum.
    17. With the help of tongs, pick up the Phulka and place the flip side on the flame.
    18. Allow it to balloon up and flip again.
    19. Once you see a few brown spots appear on the Phulka, take it off.
    20. If you don't have gas hob, just keep the phulkas on the skillet until run.
    21. You can make these in advance and freeze them, and when you want to eat, pop them into microwave wrapped in muslin cloth and they will be good to go.

Tips:

1. The dough can be made in a food processor as well.
    2. These are best served hot, but if you are going to be serving them a little later, invest in a hot case.