Talk to me about slim in 6

Options
Anyone who has done this program, please give some feedback. I am going to start P90X but would like to be closer to my ideal weight first so I'm thinking this might be the route to take. I tried searching slim in 6 and there are a million posts with those three words in them, lol.

TIA

Amy

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Anyone who has done this program, please give some feedback. I am going to start P90X but would like to be closer to my ideal weight first so I'm thinking this might be the route to take. I tried searching slim in 6 and there are a million posts with those three words in them, lol.

TIA

Amy
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    It is a good workout, but if you are music motivated (so to speak), it lacks in that area. There is a good 20ish min. "start it up" to get you used to the moves, gain some stamina & build up some muscles. Then, it goes up to a 40ish min. that uses some resistance bands (Ramp it up). Burn it up is the last level. It also comes with a stretching workout & an ab workout.

It is one of my auxillary programs b/c I do Turbo Jam as my main workout. THAT one, I love.

HTH!

Sara:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I use Slim in 6 as my "traditional" phase.
    Very traditional moves, music, etc.
    The first workout (20minutes or so) is not too bad.
    I LOVE the second workout, and usually stay in this for the longest period.
    The last workout twists my knee weird, so it's never stuck.

I also have TurboJam and agree that is is more... fun/motivational.

Either will give results, but it's really about being consistent.
  • aymie24
    Options
    Sorry duplicate post
  • aymie24
    Options
    Thanks! I will move on to checking out Turbo Jam!
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out Chalene Extreme! I LOVE IT! Not as intense as P90x 35-45 minutes workouts and so it was more realistic with my busy life and I can see the muscle definition especially this last phase. It's thru Beachbody and there's a ton of us coaches on this site that can help!
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Have you checked out Chalene Extreme! I LOVE IT! Not as intense as P90x 35-45 minutes workouts and so it was more realistic with my busy life and I can see the muscle definition especially this last phase. It's thru Beachbody and there's a ton of us coaches on this site that can help!
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com

I just got this program, I looked over the food guide and almost fell off my chair laughing.
    How do you do the food portion, or are you just doing your own thing.
  • aymie24
    Options
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com

I did look at this, as it was recommended by one of the coachs here. I just feel like I need to lose some of this fat before I start really working on muscle?
  • aymie24
    Options
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com

I just got this program, I looked over the food guide and almost fell off my chair laughing.
    How do you do the food portion, or are you just doing your own thing.

Ok, I'm curious...what was laughable about the food guide?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It's laughable to me, because there were only like 5 of the recipes that I'd even eat. From the sounds of it you are pretty much expected to eat those foods only. It's a low carb focus (which I do not love), but grasp the concept. Just looking at the foods though... I'd lose cause I'd be starving before I'd eat some of them. :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com

I did look at this, as it was recommended by one of the coachs here. I just feel like I need to lose some of this fat before I start really working on muscle?

Oh come on.
    I did P90X and am gonna do ChaLEAN tippin the scales at 180+, that's 50lbs heavier then I should be. I still see awesome muscle tone.
  • aymie24
    Options
    Way to BRING it!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com

Oh come on.
    I did P90X and am gonna do ChaLEAN tippin the scales at 180+, that's 50lbs heavier then I should be. I still see awesome muscle tone.

Really? What kind of results did you get from P90X?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    AMAZING tone, I didn't lose much weight, but I wasn't following the eating plan (which seems easier to follow then ChaLEAN...just from a glance). I was even having to modify most of the moves and still looked awesome. An injury cut my last month short though. I am hoping to do another round (complete) AFTER I get done with ChaLEAN.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    I've gotten major results from the slim in six program and I still love it. I haven't tried turbo jam but I'm getting the hint that it's a little more up beat. Good Luck, I think I might try the turbo jam???
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's laughable to me, because there were only like 5 of the recipes that I'd even eat. From the sounds of it you are pretty much expected to eat those foods only. It's a low carb focus (which I do not love), but grasp the concept. Just looking at the foods though... I'd lose cause I'd be starving before I'd eat some of them. :laugh:

were the foods boring? or just gross? :laugh:

I'm researching ChaLean and wish they'd put up some recipes on their site somewhere so i could get a sense of what to expect. (unless they do and I just haven't found them :blushing: )

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • aymie24
    Options

I'm researching ChaLean and wish they'd put up some recipes on their site somewhere so i could get a sense of what to expect. (unless they do and I just haven't found them :blushing: )

31345.png

[/url]

I'd also like to know what kinds of foods and recipes they suggest. I am pretty open minded about food but would like to know what I'm getting into....
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

31345.png

[/url]

I wouldn't say gross, but just things that aren't practical for me or my family and very costly (poor teacher...:laugh: ) I mean, if they had given me ratios I could plug in here or a food bank... that would be different.

One of my big issues is that a lot of the breakfasts are eggs/omeletes... I don't have the time for that in the morning.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

31345.png

[/url]

I wouldn't say gross, but just things that aren't practical for me or my family and very costly (poor teacher...:laugh: ) I mean, if they had given me ratios I could plug in here or a food bank... that would be different.

One of my big issues is that a lot of the breakfasts are eggs/omeletes... I don't have the time for that in the morning.

Thanks for the response :flowerforyou:

I am not a fan of eggs or omelets (unless they're so covered in cheese you can't taste the egg anymore :wink: ) so I guess I'd be on my own for breakfast....

I still might give the workout a try and do my own thing food-wise...maybe eat a bit more protein and a little less carbs (I can't give them up completely..no way :noway: )

31345.png

[/url]
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    They did have other breakfast options... protein drinks, etc.
    I just need easy stuff on days I work... or I won't eat.

The programs are my favorites...
    I will have to come up with an eating plan on my own too.