probably the best NSV i will ever get

Options
hellotina
hellotina Posts: 147 Member
so, as i'm in the living room sweating my butt off pushing myself through 30DS my 8 year old son comes downstairs & says.. "you definitely look more skinnier then you did before you started working out. i am proud of you, seriously" i felt like i could of cried it was so sweat.

& trust me, while he is a very grown up, loving child he will not hesitate to call out a double chin in pics of mine LOL. so this was special! & even though i have only lost 24lbs our of my 100lb goal- this was the best thing ever & made me feel like this is all worth it =)

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    aw, that is so sweet!
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    that's so great - kids are so honest (sometimes hurtfully!). well done on your hard work. 24 lbs is 24 freaking lbs, doesn't matter how much of your goal it is, you should still celebrate such a great loss!
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    Amazing! 24 lbs is still a lot. Keep up the good work :)
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Out of the mouth of babes!
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love this! My 4-yr-old likes to do the Shred with me (we're only on day four, and he can already tell me what exercise is coming next) and he looked over on day 3 and told me, "I couldn't do this without you, Mom." *SMILE* Kids are good for the self confidence when they are sweethearts, eh?
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Aww that was so sweet of him, and congrats on the 24 lbs lost :)
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Good for you, and what a wonderful son you have! :flowerforyou:
  • andreacord
    Options
    What a sweet and rewarding moment. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awwww! :heart:
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    oh my 8 y/o gave me a compliment the other day (and he is the same way) he also calls out the fat people in the grocery store - sooo embarrassing!
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    that's awesome, compliments from kids are the best, cos they're so honest, my 7 year old came and gave me a hug the other day and said "you used to be all wibbly wobbly mum and now you're not". I still have a looong way to go but it felt great to hear that!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Such a precious moment. :) so sweet.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    precious!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That's adorable :)
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks you all! & yes, it made my day... definitely lucky to be blessed with such a caring kid!
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    so, as i'm in the living room sweating my butt off pushing myself through 30DS my 8 year old son comes downstairs & says.. "you definitely look more skinnier then you did before you started working out. i am proud of you, seriously" i felt like i could of cried it was so sweat.

& trust me, while he is a very grown up, loving child he will not hesitate to call out a double chin in pics of mine LOL. so this was special! & even though i have only lost 24lbs our of my 100lb goal- this was the best thing ever & made me feel like this is all worth it =)

Ugh!! Be still my heart! *melt*

He is such a lover. <3 What a beautiful memory to have.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    HOW ADORABLE!!! Sounds like an awesome kid you've got there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!