Just plain TICKED OFF!

Options
2»

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Last week, I was so pi$$ed over not being able to find a vet that could figure out what was wrong with my dog. :explode: After three vets and almost a grand, I finally found one with a brain and a bit of compassion. :love: Until I found him, though, I had visions of sausage egg cheese biscuits and Whoppers running through my head. :ohwell: I recognized the cravings for what they were: the need for comfort food to get me through a stressful, frustrating time. But honestly, I just wanted to say WTF and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and not log.

I abstained (thankfully, because eating just one biscuit would have done me in, I'm sure) and now that the crisis has passed, I'm back to normal. I think the fact I wanted a cigarette (after a year of being quit) was the big red flashing light telling me to just hold off because this would work itself out. :bigsmile:
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Does TOM have anything to do with this strange behavior?
  • OliviaJoey1
    Options
    Must be in the air! I was mad at everybody today and yesturday for no reason! I pulled into McDonalds and ALMOST got a sweet tea, I did not! I pushed through and looked at clothes on line I someday want to wear. ALMOST talked myself out of woriking out, but I came home the house was cleaned, so I just went upstairs and worked out! I guess with trying to loose weight there is a flood of emotions and just wanting us to fail! Push through the bad mood! Dont go back! Its almost Friday! Good Luck!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Well, you should be proud of yourself for not giving into emotional eating. If you want to have a day set aside once a week where you eat to sate your cravings it's better than doing what your emotions tell you to do. I am an emotional eater that is changing habits. I had something extremely scary happen with my husband's health a couple of weeks ago. The old me would have gorged on whatever I could lay my hands on to comfort myself. I chose not to do that, I stayed as healthy as I could with the limited hospital food available and by the time I weighed in a week and a half later I had lost weight. Seriously, don't let your emotions rule you because in the end you're only hurting your body!
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I'm there right now. I desperately want a coke float. I'm trying to convince myself that it's milk and milk is a healthy food group. And the coke, well it's a treat. But then I think yeah, how long do I have to stay on the treadmill byt eating it. So I sit here and read instead of whatever one else is going through and talk myself out of it. ugh. LOL
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sure, and this is why I have a weekly free day or cheat day - whatever you want to call it.
    TODAY WAS THAT DAY!
    It was fabulous! I ate great, wonderful foods all day - about 6000 calories.
    I love my cheat day, or as I prefer to say: "RE-FEED THERAPY"
    I have a weekly day where I eat about twice my daily goal, and a monthly food orgy where I eat like a man going to the electric chair for 24 hours.
    LOVE IT!
    It's nice knowing I am never more than 7 days from eating anything I desire in whatever quantity I want.
    I'd go nuts otherwise.

And I have lost over 70 pounds doing this every single week.
    There is some science behind this, but science bores me.
    I do it.
    It works.

Good enough:drinker: !

I've had one binge day already this week, and gone alittle over on my cals a couple of days too, but damn it, I wanted to eat junk again anyway! And I knew I'd hate myself if I did. And that just ****ed me off! LOL!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Take the day for what it was and reset, tomarrow is another day.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Was everyone having that day today?!?! I was like that all day and some of my MFP friends were like that too.
  • cutiekay99
    Options
    YESSSSS! Especially when I am staying under my calories, exercising daily and see no change in the scale. But we have to look at our ultimate goal. Most of the times, I don't give in to my frustrations. However, this week has been a test for me and I'm not sure if I'm passing. We can't give up! We have to get over it and move on! Kudos to you for not giving in today!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! We all didn't end up on this site because we watched our portions. I do have days where I am really frustrated that I am even in this situation, and resentful that I need to measure some foods. I suck it up and get a workout in and usually feel better. When I have days like that (a lot fewer now), I TRY to focus on my goals and why I am doing this in the first place. An off day is going to happen. What matters is how you handle it.
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    Does TOM have anything to do with this strange behavior?

R u calling me strange mr cakepiebeer?!Lol! And nope, TOM had nothing to do with my anger today. I was just mad cuz I wanted to eat soooo bad. TOM anger is a whole other ball of wax lol!
  • WynnD72
    Options
    Im sorry to hear about your dog :( But I do totally relate to how you were feeling... and great post BTW.. cracked me up lmao
  • tb_lawkid13
    tb_lawkid13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MAN!
    I struggle with this EVERY DAY it seems! I have a serious issue with sweets, and some days I want some cookies so bad, I look like I'm on crack!
    I'm trying to remember that I'M the boss of my body, and I shouldn't let it dictate what I do. My goals are not in anyway shape or form related to me having 12 cookies. I just gotta think about that.
    (Now, if its been like 4 hours, I've worked out, drank water, and considered the consequences of my actions...and STILL want a cookie...I'mma have a damn cookie. JUST 1. Everything in moderation!)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sure, and this is why I have a weekly free day or cheat day - whatever you want to call it.
    TODAY WAS THAT DAY!
    It was fabulous! I ate great, wonderful foods all day - about 6000 calories.
    I love my cheat day, or as I prefer to say: "RE-FEED THERAPY"
    I have a weekly day where I eat about twice my daily goal, and a monthly food orgy where I eat like a man going to the electric chair for 24 hours.
    LOVE IT!
    It's nice knowing I am never more than 7 days from eating anything I desire in whatever quantity I want.
    I'd go nuts otherwise.

And I have lost over 70 pounds doing this every single week.
    There is some science behind this, but science bores me.
    I do it.
    It works.

Good enough:drinker: !

I've had one binge day already this week, and gone alittle over on my cals a couple of days too, but damn it, I wanted to eat junk again anyway! And I knew I'd hate myself if I did. And that just ****ed me off! LOL!
    Just keep punching, and know this.
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
    Some days are just hard.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and those hard days are not so challenging.
    Sure, we still hit walls, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • shannon4health
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I had a bum day today and still stayed on target with eating healthy and I didn't cave in...HOWEVER, I "FELT" Like I wanted to say "FORGET IT" and start eating sweets/etc. but I know I have stuck to my eating plan for 4 weeks and I have been working out and I have lost between 10-13 pounds (fluctuates) and I know that I have to keep pressing hard through this to see lasting result's b/c emotional eating is what got me to this weight to begin with.

My husband and I were both feeling stressed about finances, moving, life and he said he wanted goodies too (he's lost 15 or so pounds too) and we both said we need to pray but we didn't "feel" like that either. So then we sat down and prayed for God to meet our needs, to bless our efforts and for us to be obedient and it's amazing b/c that was a couple hours ago and neither one of of us has eaten anything and we are busy working on our new house plans!!

Keep on keeping on!!! We are are all on this journey of life taking one day at a time!!! We will make our goal if we stay persistent!!

So proud of you for not caving!!
    Blessings,
    Shannon
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    Thanks everyone for ur comments and congrats that u gave me! I'm glad I didn't get reamed for sounding whiney *wink*.
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    I'm there right now. I desperately want a coke float. I'm trying to convince myself that it's milk and milk is a healthy food group. And the coke, well it's a treat. But then I think yeah, how long do I have to stay on the treadmill byt eating it. So I sit here and read instead of whatever one else is going through and talk myself out of it. ugh. LOL

FIGHT IT! U will be so happy u did! I'm rootin' for ya!
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    MAN!
    I struggle with this EVERY DAY it seems! I have a serious issue with sweets, and some days I want some cookies so bad, I look like I'm on crack!
    I'm trying to remember that I'M the boss of my body, and I shouldn't let it dictate what I do. My goals are not in anyway shape or form related to me having 12 cookies. I just gotta think about that.
    (Now, if its been like 4 hours, I've worked out, drank water, and considered the consequences of my actions...and STILL want a cookie...I'mma have a damn cookie. JUST 1. Everything in moderation!)

Dear Lord, u just cracked me up!
  • Tujuannaevans
    Options
    It's okay to feel that way. I do to. But I want to be healthy more than I want my way! Sooo, keep pressing on through those moments of rebellion. It won't last forever. Take a long bubble bath and wash those worries away. You will be fine and healthy!!