Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 26

Happy weekend to all! Hope you have a relaxing but exercise filled weekend ahead of you! Have to get ready to go to my 3 year olds first basketball game. How crazy is that! I guess him starting this early will lay that firm foundation of fitness in his heart. Between that and me exercising all the time he won't ever remember there being any other way!

I rode my bike yesterday for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd again (I have to return it to the library - :grumble: - I like this one), & I got my water in. I REALLY didn't want to exercise last night but my chart and all of you spurred me on to get it done. I felt good after I was done. So THANKS! I just couldn't get on and let you all down.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Happy weekend to all! Hope you have a relaxing but exercise filled weekend ahead of you! Have to get ready to go to my 3 year olds first basketball game. How crazy is that! I guess him starting this early will lay that firm foundation of fitness in his heart. Between that and me exercising all the time he won't ever remember there being any other way!

I rode my bike yesterday for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd again (I have to return it to the library - :grumble: - I like this one), & I got my water in. I REALLY didn't want to exercise last night but my chart and all of you spurred me on to get it done. I felt good after I was done. So THANKS! I just couldn't get on and let you all down.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Hello.

Congratuations on sticking with it and raising your son by a good fitness example.

Your an insperation.

Stay strong
    Brenda
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    :flowerforyou: i am still in .. what is ur guys weight change so far can i ask:love:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday I made it to the gym again and did 55 min elliptical, 15 min walk, 15 min stretch. Going again today. Today I hope to go to the farmer's market and get something fresh and healthy to eat. I also plan on walking with husband and going to the gym. Going out to eat tonight, so I'll have to work for those calories!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I pretty much passed out from exhaustion last night. The swimming is kicking my butt in a good way. I slept really hard and got to sleep in until about 9am. :drinker: Then I felt so good I did my 60 min aerobics/ resistance workout! Yipee, I was done workingout by 11am! I just might squeeze in something else tonight :happy:

My weight hasn't changed, but I continue to lose inches, so all is good!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Ok, so I am suffering from less spinning over the holidays and sickness.

I'm going again today for an hour. My butt muscles and thighs are killing me! Wow. (but it's a good hurt, shows that I'm working :wink: )

So, today is 60 minute spin class. Again with my fave. teacher.:heart:

and my forty minute gym walk. I may grab the bus one-way, as I'm having a hard time eating enough on my heavy exercise days. With the new year, I'm trying to eat within 200 calories of my net goal, as I've stabilized weight-wise three pounds from my goal weight. (I don't feel bad about not eating quite all of them, because I set my goal a little higher using "custom")

Happy Saturday everybody!:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    My girlfriend brought over cookie dough, so we had to cook it... I ate 4 small chocolate chip cookies; but I did 30 min on gazelle first! YIPEE Control over my food! :laugh:
  • I have been really good all week with eating and exercise. This week was rainy and cold all week so I went to the gym and used my new dance x dvd. What a workout I got from the dance x dvd. I wanted to put it in when it came in the mail to see what it was like and it was so much fun I jumped in and did a 45 minute work out. The dog even enjoyed it with me he was throwing his toys at my feet and I would throw them back as I worked out. He needs the exercise as much as I do. He is a 97 lb lab on a diet and exercise program with me. We had a beautiful Texas day about 70 degrees so I put 9.6 miles on my bike today. When I got home I picked up the dog and took him out to the lake where I was riding so he could enjoy the water. I will try to put more miles on my bike tomorrow and promised the dog I would take him to the lake again.

Don't forget if you go out to eat you can still eat a GREAT meal!!! I went out once this week with friends and had a salad with a salmon steak on it. Very tasty and not bad on the calories and sodium. I did say no to a drink. When everyone was having something fancy and sweet I stuck to my diet coke and water.

When did we start the challenge?? I have lost 5 lbs since I started on this program on January 17th. I'm looking forward to fitting into the next size down in my pants. Seeing the scale go below 200 would be great too but I really want more cloths to wear and I have a closet full of them if I lose some inches.

Way to go everyone!!!

Stacy
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I didn't do any structured exercise today, I helped my daughter move flooring to her house for about 1.5 hours. Probably not the best move for me, my back says "crap why did you do that?" Yesterday walked for 2 hours but slowly, we were shopping for groceries:tongue: does pushing the loaded cart count?:tongue:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    :heart: happy challenge everyone;
    started 215
    current 205
    goal 199
    and I have 18 days to do it in.
    was going along great guns, about a half a pound a day, but that has slowed now, so I am increasing my exercise and trying harding.good luck everyone.
  • My husband says "Yes", pushing a loaded cart counts! :laugh: Thats about the amount of exercise we got today too. Guess its time to get on my bike and ride, baby, ride!!!:wink:
  • We had another beautiful day in Texas with 70 degrees and sunny. I put shorts on to do my bike ride this afternoon. I check out my bicycle club tallies today and I was at number 10 out of 17 for miles since 2008. I only started January 15th so I am behind the group in riding days. Some went out on a 50 mile ride today but I knew I could not do more than 10-15. They didn't want me out there alone while they did the 50 miles so I stayed home and did my own ride. I put 12.48 miles in 56 minutes of riding. Some hills today my gears were working so the only hill I walked was on a steep trail after bumping a rock. So I got off and walked the rough rocky area which was only about 100 feet. GREAT RIDE today!!! Now I am 9 out of 17 in miles. Nothing like a little competition to get me out there to ride a few extra miles.

I can't wait to weigh in this week.

Everyone have an AWESOME Week!

Stacy