protein

Options
I alway seem to go over on the protein but not anything else. I actually have 700-900 calories left but no protein. I only eat maybe a chicken breast or something similar low in fat and carbs.

Replies

• heygirl1954
    Options
    I alway seem to go over on the protein but not anything else. I actually have 700-900 calories left but no protein. I only eat maybe a chicken breast or something similar low in fat and carbs.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're using the default ratios that MFP starts you off with. It's kinda "old school"; most of us prefer and need more protein because we're working out.

There are new studies coming out about "moderate protein plans" vs. "traditional diet plans". While the people in both study groups lose the same amount of weight, those who had more protein (40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat) lost more fat and inches. They were also more likely to maintain their eating habits after the study ended.

Anyway, the point is to not feel pressured into maintaining those default percentages. Find your own balance as it will likely sustain you in the long run.