Celebrate your Support Network

Options
I read a lot of posts from people who are struggling with co-workers who sabatoge, spouses that don't support, jealous friends and family members.

I thought it would be nice for a change to say "thanks" to those who support us in our efforts. I've been really lucky, all of my co-workers have been complimentary and supportive of my lifestyle change. Although they'll occassionally offer food, they don't push and understand when I say "no". My boss allows me flexible scheduling options so I can make my training or group classes.

My friends have been incredible. They are constantly encouraging me. They work out with me, or choose entertainment options that don't tempt me beyond the norm. And, if I make a conscious decision to jump off the wagon....they accept it and encourage me to hop back on the next day.

My family have been great. My mom, bless her, even hides the candy bowl when I come to visit because she knows how it tempts me. My family has never been critical of my weight and they have been infinitely patient with my new obsession with exercise.

Even the members of the gym, as I've gotten to know those who show up in classes regularly, have been encouraging and supportive. It's been a pleasure finding a group of people all interested in becoming healthier and willling to support each other in those goals.

I just wanted to acknowledge how much help and support my friends and family have been and say "Thank you". It makes it so much easier to make this kind of change when you have this much support. For those of you who haven't been this lucky, it is my sincere wish that you find it soon. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I read a lot of posts from people who are struggling with co-workers who sabatoge, spouses that don't support, jealous friends and family members.

I thought it would be nice for a change to say "thanks" to those who support us in our efforts. I've been really lucky, all of my co-workers have been complimentary and supportive of my lifestyle change. Although they'll occassionally offer food, they don't push and understand when I say "no". My boss allows me flexible scheduling options so I can make my training or group classes.

My friends have been incredible. They are constantly encouraging me. They work out with me, or choose entertainment options that don't tempt me beyond the norm. And, if I make a conscious decision to jump off the wagon....they accept it and encourage me to hop back on the next day.

My family have been great. My mom, bless her, even hides the candy bowl when I come to visit because she knows how it tempts me. My family has never been critical of my weight and they have been infinitely patient with my new obsession with exercise.

Even the members of the gym, as I've gotten to know those who show up in classes regularly, have been encouraging and supportive. It's been a pleasure finding a group of people all interested in becoming healthier and willling to support each other in those goals.

I just wanted to acknowledge how much help and support my friends and family have been and say "Thank you". It makes it so much easier to make this kind of change when you have this much support. For those of you who haven't been this lucky, it is my sincere wish that you find it soon. :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My family is supportive now.

My sister provided me with fresh fruit when I went to visit her for two weeks. She also purchased WATP dvd for me. She is buying me new clothes for my birthday.

I go out to eat with my parents every Sunday. My mom asks me "Is this restaurant ok?". She buys me food, she called me from Sam's Club the other day to ask if I needed tuna. Not to mention letting me use her complete sets of Taebo and Hip Hop Abs I would not have wanted to purchase on my own.

My aunt has given me weights and much encouragement. Several of the ladies at church mention how much weight I've lost and congratulate me on my progress.

My best friend has "the cable" and I do not. She has recorded FIT TV episodes for me.

Thanks for the reminder that we are never on this journey alone.:flowerforyou: