Feeling a bit unsure...

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been trying to shift some of my weight for about three to four weeks now and I've only managed to shift 1.5kg (3lbs) since then. Can anyone tell me if this is normal, abnormal or just too weird to warrant a coherent response ;).

I think you can view my diary but if you can't and you can tell me how I'll gladly do so. I'm aiming to shift about 18kg for my wedding next January but ultimately the goal is to get down to a healthy weight that I used to have before I got glandular fever and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 2006. I went from 64kg to my highest being 80kg when I started. I'm only 5'3 so while my partner says I'm all nice and curvy, all I see is a marshmallow / Michelin Chick.

I'm roughly consuming around 1200-1300 calories a day and exercising 4-5 times a week yet the belly is still making it's presence oh so known. I guess if I've left anything out I'll fill it in if / when someone replies : ).

Have a lovely afternoon and thanks for reading. Good luck everyone on their weight loss / gain journeys!!! We can do it!!!

marls xxx

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    1/2 kg a week (around 1 pound) is a very healthy rate to lose weight. Keep up the good work, and remember that you don't have to starve to lose weight, keep eating well, keep exercising and you'll be OK!
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and might only suggest more fruits and veggies? I don't see too many. And more protein?
  • mooks262
    Options
    Hi Emstgm,

Thanks for your feedback : )!!! I admit I've been a bit time poor with the fruit and veggies, I'm doing my food shop tomorrow morning so I will be adding them then. As for the protein, is there anything specific you'd recommend?!

Thanks heaps : )

marls xxx
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi Emstgm,

Thanks for your feedback : )!!! I admit I've been a bit time poor with the fruit and veggies, I'm doing my food shop tomorrow morning so I will be adding them then. As for the protein, is there anything specific you'd recommend?!

Thanks heaps : )

marls xxx

Lean red meat, chicken breast, fish (salmon) & raw nuts. Avoid processed meats as they're high in sodium and preservatives.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    First off if you can afford it, avoid Coles and Woolies fruit and veg. They're disgusting and gross. Not sure where you are.

Secondly, you seem to not be eating a lot. You're skipping meals according to your diary. Are you logging EVERYTHING you eat?

If you've got 62kg to lose then you should be losing quicker than you currently are.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    3 weeks?
    Let's talk progress in 3 month, and at the rate you're going, all should be well.
    You are doing fine - well within the MFP recommendation of 1 pound of weight loss per week.
    And do not - do NOT over reach or you'll self-sabotage and fail.
    You can prevent this by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had a look at your diary and you seem to be skipping lunch alot. Ideally you need to be eating small meals or low fat snacks such as yogurt and fruit every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism from slowing down. Also try to make your food choices low in fat and not too high in carbohydates. Things such low fat feta and cottage cheese are much better choices than cheddar cheese. so for example a jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad is lower in fat and more filling than a grilled cheese sandwich. Also try not too eat a large amount of carbs late in the evening if your unlikely to burn them off. hope this helps and good luck! :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    3 weeks?
    Let's talk progress in 3 month, and at the rate you're going, all should be well.
    You are doing fine - well within the MFP recommendation of 1 pound of weight loss per week.
    And do not - do NOT over reach or you'll self-sabotage and fail.
    You can prevent this by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!

This! And do as much of your own cooking as possible! Check out www.skinnytaste.com for recipes.