How do you measure your total inches lost?

Options
I know this was a thread not too long ago, but the question was never answered...so please don't yell at me:ohwell:

If someone says they lost a total of (let's say) 10 inches .....What body parts are you supposed to be measuring and are you to add up the inches lost on each arm and each leg?? Ive just been calculating the total of my Chest, One Arm, Waist, Hips, One Leg and Belly.

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I know this was a thread not too long ago, but the question was never answered...so please don't yell at me:ohwell:

If someone says they lost a total of (let's say) 10 inches .....What body parts are you supposed to be measuring and are you to add up the inches lost on each arm and each leg?? Ive just been calculating the total of my Chest, One Arm, Waist, Hips, One Leg and Belly.

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Good question. I would also like to know in additon to the ones nikii14 mentioned above:

When we measure our stomach/waist, are we suppose to suck in our stomach and measure or not?

For me, especially on days I feel bloated, makes a big difference.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good ?, I'd also like to know how to measure stomache. I got two measurements 4 inches different. Do you suck it in or push it out? and where do you take the measurement to begin with.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good ?, I'd also like to know how to measure stomache. I got two measurements 4 inches different. Do you suck it in or push it out? and where do you take the measurement to begin with.
    I just measure doing neither, and I always measure at the belly button so I know exactly where I measured the last time.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does it differently. I measure:

Chest
    Bust
    Waist
    Stomach
    Hips
    Upper Arm
    Thigh
    Calf

Actually, I measure both arms and both legs but now that they aren't really that different from each other, I just report the one measurement.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I think the measurements are personal. waist I do the smallest part, everything else the widest.
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz told me it's okay to suck it in... so I always suck in :laugh:

but I often have difficulty figuring out the spot on my upper arm to measure- I try to identify my certain freckle that will be "the spot," but then I always forget which freckle (among the millions of them) it is.
  • prerana
    prerana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just last Friday, I had a trainer take my measurements for me as part of a reevaluation and she had me suck in my stomach as much as I could and put the tape right on my belly button. She also took measurements at my hips (with the tape about 1 inch below my belly button. She did one arm and one leg and my chest. She told me that you always measure the side you write with because that is your dominant side. So, I'm right handed, therefore, my right arm (upper and lower) and my right calf and thigh were measured. Your dominant side is usually worked more/stronger than your non dominant side.

Hope this helps!

prerana
  • Tysgirl218
    Tysgirl218 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take my measurements at these spots.

Chest at nipples
    2"above belly button
    At belly button
    2"below belly button
    Hips widest part
    Top of each thigh, thickest part