# on the scale doesn't define us...

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Nope; we are defined by much more.
    That number is just one of many ways to track progress.

I also use body fat in conjunction with weight.
    Check yours here for free.
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is the best post for MOTIVATION!! I love it. Makes me want to write this stuff on my scale. :wink:
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do body fat as well. The scale is just one of the ways to tell :)
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I really like this. When the numbers are down I'm happy and when they are up I'm not. I need to realize that if I'm working on it, it shouldn't matter.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week. That may help! :):bigsmile:
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Super motivation! Thank you!

Incidentally I notice that nearly all the photos as peoples 'label' have great big smiles - and that is one of the stereotypes of overweight people, that we all tend to be happy, warm people. (Based on studies where people are shown photos of people of different shapes and asked to assign personality traits to them). Is this a cover-up for the inside feelings we don't allow others to see?
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump
    Thanks
  • LuvInMyself
    LuvInMyself Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I think this is an motivation & love & supportive pic. Thank you & I love all my MFP peeps!!
  • LuvInMyself
    LuvInMyself Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ooops I meant an amazing motivation.....:blushing:
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    LOL, You are so witty ! :laugh: You have such an amazing outlook on this weight loss process. Thank you for sharing it with us. You have made us think about this process in a whole new light ...And...Thank you ! For being an awesome MFP friend !!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    This is a realization I've had recently after just starting a strength training progam... scale weight is muscle, fat, water, bones... all of it. And now that I'm about to put on some muscle weight, that scale is going up... there's still some fat left to burn off of course, but now the scale moving just doesn't have the same meaning for me.

It's sort of like I'm in limbo... and the whole idea of "weight" and "weight loss" is changing to "fat loss" and "body composition"... or recomposition. It's like there's a paradigm shift.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    LOL, You are so witty ! :laugh: You have such an amazing outlook on this weight loss process. Thank you for sharing it with us. You have made us think about this process in a whole new light ...And...Thank you ! For being an awesome MFP friend !!! :flowerforyou:

Lol! Just to clarify...
    This is a photo of a friend's scale that she sent me. I wish I could take credit for this creative way to show a little self-love.
    Anyway, I really believe in the message here and thought of my MFP community :-)
    And thank you brobin!