Polar f11 HRM not reading heart rate

Options
snelfk
snelfk Posts: 151 Member
I've had my f11 about a year. During December, there was about 5 weeks that it didn't get used. When I went to use it, the heart rate didn't show, so I figured it was the battery in the transmitter. I changed it, twice now, and sometimes it just stops sending my heart rate info. I also thought it might be that the chest strap had gotten dried out, so I washed it and wet it well before each use. Anyone else had this problem, if so how did you recolve it.

Replies

• snelfk
    Options
    I've had my f11 about a year. During December, there was about 5 weeks that it didn't get used. When I went to use it, the heart rate didn't show, so I figured it was the battery in the transmitter. I changed it, twice now, and sometimes it just stops sending my heart rate info. I also thought it might be that the chest strap had gotten dried out, so I washed it and wet it well before each use. Anyone else had this problem, if so how did you recolve it.
  • lovetorun
    lovetorun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem with my polar heart rate monitor and I went to the running room and the suggested making sure the transmitter on my chest was wet, they said the best way was to lick my fingers and then rub my fingers over the transmitter. I haven't had another problem since I began making sure it was wet! Hope this helps!
  • snelfk
    Options
    do you mean the chest strap or the transmitter itself? I do wet the chest strap
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It could be time to change the watch battery or replace the strap or transmitter. My F11 died after about 7 months. Replacing the battery in the transmitter didn't help. I never got it fixed because you have to send it off to Canada and I lost the warranty stuff for it. :frown:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to wet the back of the transmitter itself... The hard rubber part that you wear against your chest. If you don't wet it, then it won't read your heart rate correctly.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you've changed the battery in the transmitter twice, and you're wetting it before use.... I'd bet it's the battery in the watch that needs to be changed.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem with mine. and it is new. I have only had it maybe 2 months if that.

I will put it on, it reads my HR and then i start on my treadmill and it goes up to say 130 and then i start running and it goes down to say about 104 and stays there forever and then eventually after about 5-10 mins. it will go back up to what it should beat. So ti is not caculating my calories burned properly.
  • lovetorun
    lovetorun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It recommends that you wet the chest strap itself. Other than that I agree, if it doesn't work after that it is probably your watch battery! Good luck!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    try to tighten your strap around your chest.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Try re-adjusting your strap and moisten the skinside of the transmitter. My HRM acts weird until I start to sweat or moisten the transmitter.