Lifting weights

Options
OK, need some advise. I have actually seen this happen.

I have started lifting 10 lbs in weights for upper body to help with back fat and arm fat. I always wondered if it worked.

I met a few women, 20+ and 40+ in age that actually reduced their bra sizes by several cups and inches due to weight lifting and toneing.
Ther said they did it about 10-15 minutes 5-7 days a week. They said they did not do anything to extreme. Their brfore nad after pics were amazing.

Anyone else ever have this happen? I just started my exercise again after a 30 day stop.

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, need some advise. I have actually seen this happen.

I have started lifting 10 lbs in weights for upper body to help with back fat and arm fat. I always wondered if it worked.

I met a few women, 20+ and 40+ in age that actually reduced their bra sizes by several cups and inches due to weight lifting and toneing.
    Ther said they did it about 10-15 minutes 5-7 days a week. They said they did not do anything to extreme. Their brfore nad after pics were amazing.

Anyone else ever have this happen? I just started my exercise again after a 30 day stop.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Breasts are just fat and breast tissues....smooth muscle surrounding mammary glands. So if you lose the fat, your breasts will shrink. But you will always have the same amount of tissue there.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I've watched a friend totally tone her arms by doing weights, she's my workout partner, so absolutely it works.
  • becca1978
    becca1978 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes I went from Flab arms to fab arms. I have never had arms like this before. I am starting to get the lines below the shoulder and I am just starting to see the lines without flexing. I do weights 3-4 times a week. I change my program once a month because I see a personal trainer once a month. It does happen just make sure you are challenging yourself. If you are not fatigued after your last set of repitions then you may need to up the weights. :happy:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    the short of it............. muscle burns fat
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    using weights does work :)

I need to start strength training steadily 3 times a week... right now it's more like, MAYBE once a week.

anyways, good luck with toning your arms and back :)