YUMMY Tomatoe Basil Soup

Options
jds916
jds916 Posts: 18 Member
2-3 Cups chicken broth (reduced fat and low sodium) (less broth the thicker the soup)
3 Can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (no salt added) (I cheated and used 2 cans of the diced tomatoes with garlic and basil)
3 cloves garli
2 tbs olive oil
2 cups basil
2 fire roast red pepper (from a jar)

Chop garlic and add to hot oil in a large pot (dutch oven the best). Add broth and tomatoes undrained. add red pepper. Boil then simmer for 20 min. Add chopped up fresh basil. mix.

Ladel some of the soup into a blended and puree (just a few seconds). Pour out into another large pot/bowl. Repeat until all simmered mix is pureed. return to heat and serve.

I added some hot sauce to mine. I like it spicy. 2 cups has about 110 calories.

Made a side of grilled cheese with low calorie whole wheat bread (2 slices=90 cal) and a slice of kraft extra sharp 2% singles (50 cal) for an added 140 cal and some crunch! YUM!

Replies

• jds916
    jds916 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2-3 Cups chicken broth (reduced fat and low sodium) (less broth the thicker the soup)
    3 Can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (no salt added) (I cheated and used 2 cans of the diced tomatoes with garlic and basil)
    3 cloves garli
    2 tbs olive oil
    2 cups basil
    2 fire roast red pepper (from a jar)

Chop garlic and add to hot oil in a large pot (dutch oven the best). Add broth and tomatoes undrained. add red pepper. Boil then simmer for 20 min. Add chopped up fresh basil. mix.

Ladel some of the soup into a blended and puree (just a few seconds). Pour out into another large pot/bowl. Repeat until all simmered mix is pureed. return to heat and serve.

I added some hot sauce to mine. I like it spicy. 2 cups has about 110 calories.

Made a side of grilled cheese with low calorie whole wheat bread (2 slices=90 cal) and a slice of kraft extra sharp 2% singles (50 cal) for an added 140 cal and some crunch! YUM!
  • bevjack1
    bevjack1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks for this. I love tomato soup, and this looks really good. I'll try it tomorrow!!