Who is the most supportive person in your life?

Options
The person who encourages and supports your weight loss. My roommate is skinny but she is exercising with me. She also got rid of all the junk food in the house and bought healthy snacks. She helps cook healthy meals for us to share.

Replies

• iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Your roommate sounds really great.

My husband, in his own special way. Sure he still chooses pizza if given the chance - but he pushes me to go to the gym and do better than last time. And encourages me when I'm down.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I would have to say in practice my wife, vocalizing it I would have to say people at my work. All the other office people routinely make an effort to make positive comments about my weight loss. They have even announced it at company events and so forth. Very nice.
  • sweetangel99
    Options
    Sadly, but the most encouraging people in my life are my friends here on mfp.....who I never even met! :ohwell:
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My best friend. She is crazy supportive no matter what. She's the bestest
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My friends that registered to run a 5k with me in September. We all have been checking in with each other to make sure we stick to our workouts so that we can all make it through the race! But they are closely followed by my 5 yr old that makes sure I work out every day and I know how many calories are in the food I am about to eat and gives me rather fake sounding compliments but they make me smile all the same :-)
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    a really close friend of mine and my boyfriend just got on board also :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Sadly, but the most encouraging people in my life are my friends here on mfp.....who I never even met! :ohwell:

Same here. Most folks, are all gung-ho and supportive when the diet/healthy eating/get fit plan starts. But when it goes on and on and they realise that it's not just a quick thing, that you're really serious about it this time and are in it for the long haul.....that support starts to wane. Don't get me wrong, some of my friends are fab and have been genuinely supportive from the get-go. But some..."You're not still trying to lose weight/get fit are you?" *rolls eyes*
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's hard because I would say my husband but I know it's hard on him when I don't want to eat out and I go to bed early to stop my self from eating (crazy I know but works) and that I'm sore and tired from working out so hard. My husband understand how important it is for me to do this but he still eats junk because he can and keeps ice cream and candy in the house. After so many years it usually doesn't bother me too much but I do get into it from time to time. Not that I wouldn't go to the store and get it in a pinch...I would. My sister is always pushing me to keep going when I'm having a bad day and we want us both to be healthy and happy.