Should I be 'eating back my calories'?

Options
2»

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I apologise if this topic has been covered before (and no doubt it has been).

Then why not use the Search function since you're so certain?

Don't be rude. Just leave the thread alone if you're not going to be positive.

and lie/encourage more pointless previously covered posts? Silly culture, "if its not positive don't say it". How about correctional stuff/points to note.

You may notice most of the posters taking this position have 4 posts and joined in January. They've perhaps not yet had the opportunity to see this topic twenty times a day, for months on end... :-)
    And isn't there a sticky too?

In seriousness, to answer the OP. Yes. You should eat your exercise calories. Or at very least a reasonable chunk of them. That's why the system is set up to encourage you to do so.

(And that's nearly a hundred pounds gone, in that there ticker down there, in case you don't do metric.... )
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    IMHO, I eat my cardio calories, not my weight lifting calories. But I have my weight loss at 0.5 a week but have gained with weight training actually. And I also go by what my body says. For example, towards that TOM, I tend to be more liberal with eating my exercise calories if I'm feeling eat, even though my workouts might be a little less intense. But then other times during the month I will not eat all of them because I'm just not hungry. You have to work with your body and go by what your energy level and exercise training is. As you gain strength and endurance, you may find things change. Whatever happens, don't be discouraged. Take different opinions and try them out for I would say 2 weeks (to really give it a shot), maybe only weigh yourself once a week, and DEFINITELY buy a tape measure. only YOU know what feels right. The rest of us are figuring ourselves out as well.

Oh yeah, and WELCOME!!!!