Hollistic Doctor Suggestions about stubborn weight loss

Options
I've been exercising now for over 2 months about 4-5 days a week, recording my food and doing good not perfect some days i went over but not many. I cut out Diet coke and replaced with water cut out the fried foods all together... my result after 2 months...2 pds!! Very frustrating!!! I never had a weight problem EVER until after i had my child then everything changed- became tired a lot, weight gain, irratiblity, ungodly PMS (i never had PMS until after childbirth), hair loss, intolorance to cold, constipation, etc.. anyway after going to several doctors and getting no help and each tested me for diabetes, thyroid- all checked out??? anyway, i went to a Hollistic Doctor with a page full of credentials, repore, 8viles of blood everything checked out ok...but he wanted to try me on Progestrone..i do feel a little better not as restless/depressed/tired... but still no weigh loss.... so he wants me to do the South Beach Diet and cut out carbs/sugar all together for 2 weeks....??? We'll see....

Replies

• rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising now for over 2 months about 4-5 days a week, recording my food and doing good not perfect some days i went over but not many. I cut out Diet coke and replaced with water cut out the fried foods all together... my result after 2 months...2 pds!! Very frustrating!!! I never had a weight problem EVER until after i had my child then everything changed- became tired a lot, weight gain, irratiblity, ungodly PMS (i never had PMS until after childbirth), hair loss, intolorance to cold, constipation, etc.. anyway after going to several doctors and getting no help and each tested me for diabetes, thyroid- all checked out??? anyway, i went to a Hollistic Doctor with a page full of credentials, repore, 8viles of blood everything checked out ok...but he wanted to try me on Progestrone..i do feel a little better not as restless/depressed/tired... but still no weigh loss.... so he wants me to do the South Beach Diet and cut out carbs/sugar all together for 2 weeks....??? We'll see....
  • maraleigh
    maraleigh Posts: 17
    Options
    might be worth the try! I'm the same way. I've been thin my whole life, then I had three kids. Once i stopped nursing my youngest, the weight came in creeping. I've been dieting and exercising for 5 months now with only 10 pounds down...working sooo hard, but it's coming off so slow....my advice, keep with it! Don't be discouraged....maybe try the new diet( I k now carbs are a killer for me! Im a sugar freak!) Sometimes just changing up your routine will trick your body into weight loss...Good luck with you're journey!:flowerforyou:
  • SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    Options
    i had the same problem after the birth of my son 12 years ago. Weight gain with extreme difficulty losing. My hair and skin was dry and my hair started to thin out. I was always tired and barely had energy to keep up with my toddler. After many visit to a doctor, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Maybe you should have your TSH levels checked again.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy, but are you eating enough calories? If your resting metabolic rate says you need 1400 calories a day and you eat fewer, then you may end up gaining weight--your body goes into starvation mode.

Finding your actual *true* RMR is not necessarily super-easy. There are many tools online, but the best way I've seen is an individual test in which your VO2 (oxygen consumption) is measured while you are at rest. I had mine measured this way and my RMR was 1700 or so when all the calculators said 1400.

You may want to see if you can get this measured where you live (or look for it online somewhere).

...this may not be the answer, but it can be VERY helpful in a weight loss plan.

Good luck!
    -Deborah