Hello! I just joined MFP

Options
I'm determined to lose weight this time. I've never kept a journal of my food before, and I'm hoping this will motivate me even more. My daughter suggested I join MFP, and I'm excited to try this. I welcome any support and motivation. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Cindy41
    Cindy41 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm determined to lose weight this time. I've never kept a journal of my food before, and I'm hoping this will motivate me even more. My daughter suggested I join MFP, and I'm excited to try this. I welcome any support and motivation. Thanks in advance!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I wish you great success in your journey!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I guess I wanted to say it twice. :embarassed:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Cindy! Everyone is so supportive & nice here. Good luck with your journey!!

PS. Im a Cyndi also :happy:
  • wheezygirl
    Options
    Welcome! I too just joined mfp and so far, so good. I have found the food diary to be very helpful. I am a diabetic and was having high blood sugars. Thanks to logging my food, my blood sugars have come down significantly in the past 3 weeks. I have also lost a few pounds!

Good luck on your weight loss. You (we) can do it!
  • maraleigh
    maraleigh Posts: 17
    Options
    good luck with your weight loss....you'll love this site like we all do...there is a ton of info here! The food journal really is an eyeopener! keep with it! Good luck!:drinker:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. (click on "ladyofivy" just above my picture to the left, and then click on the green button that says "add as friend")

:smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    well hello there :flowerforyou:
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep up that food journal.....even if you know you've gone over calories. I do, and it helps the next day when you're tempted again, but don't want to see it two days a row on your chart.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to the right place to begin changing your life. If your looking for a group connection there are several to fit your needs. Would like to welcome you to mine, "Let's Get Real or Inches Away we'd love to share with you, and celebrate your success with you along the way. We are all doing it OUR WAY, but with a common goal, a healthier happier lifestyle!!!

Make it a great day!!!
    Debbie
  • Exqitblkprl
    Exqitblkprl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello Cindy, I'm Pearl and another new kid on the block. I'm loving this site so much. the food and exercise trackers are fabulous. I'm just thrilled to be here and so looking forward to meeting and making loads of new friends as i travel this weight-loss journey with all of you. wishing you much success!

Blessings,

Pearl
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: