Frustrated!

Options
I am so frustrated! I lost 4 lbs but haven't lost anything in weeks now! I meet my calorie goal and work out 5-6 times a week. I am 55 yrs old. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I am wondering if I have metabolic syndrome. *SIGH*

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated! I lost 4 lbs but haven't lost anything in weeks now! I meet my calorie goal and work out 5-6 times a week. I am 55 yrs old. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I am wondering if I have metabolic syndrome. *SIGH*
    Lots of people experience the same thing. Not all of them have any form of metabolic syndrome though.

Most common causes are:
    - Incorrect basic daily activity level (overestimate) (most people are really sedentary).
    - Incorrect estimate (underestimate) of the number of calories ingested every day.
    - Incorrect estimate (overestimate) of the amount of exercise done every day.
    - People not eating back their exercise calories, thus slowing their metabolism.
    - People not eating enough, thus slowing their metabolism.
    - People not letting enough time for their body to adjust and increase the calorie expenditure, especially if they start with a slow metabolism.
    - People being to close to their ideal weight and not letting their bodies enough time to lose the weight (the closer you are the harder it gets).

Each of these causes are the most common ones (other causes exist).

Perhaps open your food diary, most people will be happy to take a look. Otherwise, try to see if any of these causes could affect you.

Good luck!