My Reebok HRM from Buy.com

Options
So I ordered the one everyone else has and I really like it but I have started having an issue. When I am done with my workout I take the chest strap off and wipe it dry and put it along with the watch in my gym bag. So while I am driving in the car I hear it beeping so I pick up the watch out of my bag and it is reading a heart rate sometimes 50 something or all the way up to 225. I try everything to make it stop but it just keeps doing it. There has to be something wrong with it. Should I change the battery?

Replies

• stimpy6298
    Options
    So I ordered the one everyone else has and I really like it but I have started having an issue. When I am done with my workout I take the chest strap off and wipe it dry and put it along with the watch in my gym bag. So while I am driving in the car I hear it beeping so I pick up the watch out of my bag and it is reading a heart rate sometimes 50 something or all the way up to 225. I try everything to make it stop but it just keeps doing it. There has to be something wrong with it. Should I change the battery?
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I don't know :ohwell: but maybe somebody else will answer!
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    I know it may sound weird but I have tried googling it and can not find anything on it. strange:huh:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it would still be reading a heart rate when the chest strap is not on, but my HRM has a way to set it to beep when my heart rate is too high or too low for training. Maybe you can find the answers at Reebok's website.
  • joyblaylock
    joyblaylock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that mine gives weird readings if I don't have the chest strap on right. To turn off the heart rate feature, I just change the mode back to "Time" and it stops. Perhaps if you take it out of the Chrono mode it will quit.?
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I would say it is probably the vibrations from the road causing the erratic readings. As an emt, when we have someone on a heart monitor, there is often interference from the road during transport. If you do not have any problems otherwise, that is more than likely it. Best to you always, Rick
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    No, when I get done I switch it from timer mode to regular time. It still will have the little heart on top and blink and beep like it is reading so I will flip through to the timer mode to see what it says and it will be reading a rate as if it was still on me???
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hmmm. i've been using mine for a cpl weeks and they're sitting together right now and no probs. it's either as rick suggests or something's faulty? sorry i don't have anything better to report. :ohwell:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Mine works great so far. It has really exceeded my expectations, esp.considering the price ($29.99) on buy.com. I noticed that you have to have the strap correctly positioned for it to work right. Also, I need to sweat or moisten the strap unit for it to pick up the heartbeat. Sorry, I can't comment on the beeping thing, it never happened to me.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    That sounds wierd I bought the same one. I say call the company and swap it. I really cant figure out how to use it... Its supose to tell you how many calories burned. Do you know how to work that feature?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I use mine on the "CHRONO" setting. After you finish your workout, hit stop. Use the "MEM" button to get to the screen which will give you your cals burned. It's in the instructions, but not very clear. Be sure to have the timer stopped before checking this.